Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

Hey guys I fancy playing a Fallout game but not too sure which one to get. I played some of number 3 back when it come out but didn't get too far. I've heard the NV is a bit of a buggy mess but a good game over all. Any advice welcome cheers guys.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd go for fallout 3, I like new Vegas but it didn't grip me as much as 3

Fallout 3 has a better main story with good DLC until the Motherpants story came along.

-

New Vegas has a good main story and many great side missions, and the DLC packs are brilliant fun and great additional stories and items.

-

The only downside to Fallout 3 is the last DLC pack and the combat improvements that were made for New Vegas. Best bet is to get the GOTY versions of both games.

Definately Fallout 3 for me!

I just couldn't into Vegas, also what didn't help was all the bugs/glitches it had when I played it, sure they sorted it out though?

Fallout 3, plus if you have a PC grab the earlier Fallout games from Amazon for a few quid, they are all fantastic. I have been through Fallout 3 countless times now and still love it, Fallout: New Vegas took me a few attempts to get through because its such a mess.

Fallout 3 is the better game  but Vegas is also a great experience.  

I enjoyed Fallout 3 a lot more!

Cheers guys, I've ordered number 3 GOTY off Shopto. I guess I should make a new years resolution not too make any more resolutions I can't keep, such as cutting down on buying games.

I preferred F3 but still enjoyed NV.

OP I envy you, i wish i hadn't played them games yet, those are 2 game i could really get my teeth into right now.

Agreed,  Both are games i wish i hadnt played as it would be brilliant to start fresh, especially that moment in 3 when you leave the vault for the first fime!

Fallout 3 is excellent.  I still need to get New Vegas, waiting for the Ultimate Edition to go cheap.