FALLOUT 3: Mothership Zeta (i'm not a happy camper)

Hi

i had complete Mothership Zeta long long ago and i have save after that and been playing the game long time now 30 min  ago i load my fallout 3 and load the save it say the save file is old and some item may not be available so i like what the hell? xbox or fallout 3 got a new update or what? so i like ok whatever... load away and i found out all the items from Mothership Zeta that i have are gone i check my pipboy the alien beacon gone too i than teleport to MDPL-13 Power Station and start looking for the the alien beacon but what i found is nothing NO alien down craft, NO alien beacon so i was like WTF!!! but wait two weeks ago i did save a save game on to a USB storage so i load that save game and everything was alright but all the stuff from two weeks ago untill now are gone that gose all that cap for two weeks gone too.

to Xbox, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? A BUG OR WHAT?

to all of you SAVE, GET A USB STORAGE OF ANY KIND, A MEMORY CARD OR A MEMORY STICK OR A THUMB DRIVE AND SAVE!

my friends keep asking me, hey do you back up all your save game file and i like FOR WHAT? it just a game what could go wrong if i make a mistake in the game i just restart or reload the save game they told me a lot of thing could happen you might not know so i start to use a memory card so i format it  and use it i don't always back up but i will back up everytime now

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This happened to me, but with a different Fallout DLC, it simply missed the update, that's why the game doen't recognize the DLC, the beacon is gone etc.

You should be able to recover everything by just updating the game, hoping you didn't saved when the error occured.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like mothership zeta didn't load for some reason causing all data relating to it in your save to be wiped.

Or could be that you were not connected to live at the time. If you weren't connected to live then either your patch was missing or the license for mothership zeta was missing meaning you would need to be online for it to work.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just remembered, my friend got one of the DLC corrupted for some reason (don't remeber itf it was broken steel or mothership zeta).

We solved by delete and re-downloading the dlc and of course the latest update.

Sorry this didn't help.