fall 2012 console registration app won't work

i downloaded the registration app for the update beta.and when i use it to register my console it won't work right.it says uploading data then after awhile it says unexpected error.an error was encountered while registering this console for the xbox live update.please try again later.status code: 8007274C.i've contacted customer support tried every thing they suggested nothing worked.toe days ive been at it trying to register my console and so far nothing has worked.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hello

Questions about the Xbox LIVE Update Public Beta Program? Look here... Status code: 80070185, 8007019c, or 8007274c

These status codes are preceded by the following message:

Some Xbox LIVE content is temporarily unavailable. You can still access your profile, communicate with other players, and play games online.

To fix this problem, try the following solutions:

Solution 1: Download the content again

Try downloading the content again from your download history. Here’s how:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE.
  2. Go to Settings, and then select Account.
  3. Select Download History.
  4. Browse your download history. Select the item, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download the item again.

If the download fails again, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Maximize your network bandwidth

When you download content from Xbox LIVE, make sure that other computers in your home are not downloading or transferring files. When someone in your house browses the Internet, they use network bandwidth that could be going to your console.

Note Bandwidth is the amount of information transferred over your Internet connection.

You can also try temporarily disconnecting or turning off devices that are connected to your home network.

Once you've maximized your network bandwidth, try to download the content again. If the download fails again, try the next solution.

Solution 3: Download at a different time of day

Some ISPs block or limit large downloads during peak-use times. If an ISP "resets" a connection after a certain period of time or limits the size of downloads, you will receive an error message.

Residential Internet networks are often busiest in the evenings when people are at home. You might get the best Internet connection speed during the day. If you are having problems downloading content, contact your ISP to determine whether they restrict download size, speed, or the amount of content that can be downloaded.

If you try to download the content at a different time of day and it still fails, try the next solution.

Solution 4: Open network ports

If you have a firewall or a router, you might need to make a configuration change to allow your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox LIVE. This configuration change is sometime referred to as “opening ports” or "port forwarding."

To find out which network ports Xbox LIVE uses, see Network ports used by Xbox LIVE.

If opening network ports is not an option, you can try connecting to Xbox LIVE by using a modem connection (rather than connecting through a router or gateway). Plug one end of a network cable into the back of your Xbox 360 console and the other end into your modem — this will bypass any network devices, such as a router or firewall.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

again nobody is listening.I'm not having trouble downloading anything.as I said in my original post I get the error message,when the app trys to upload my console data.it's not registering my console for the update.Amd all you did was give me the same answers customer service did and as I said it didnt help.

Sorry this didn't help.

GOGLO28,

Let's try this. The error code you are giving states you have connectivity issues. I'll walk you through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can sort things out. First you want to clear your system cache.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

The next step you can take is this:

Reset Xbox network settings back to the default
Note 
Before you reset the Xbox 360 console’s network settings, make sure that you write down the current settings in case you have to restore them later.

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
  2. Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port (if applicable).
  3. Turn on your console.
  4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  5. Select Network Settings.
  6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  7. Select Configure Network.
  8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults. 

Then you can reset your Network equipment

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console and all network hardware (for example, your modem and router).
  2. Wait one minute.
  3. Turn on your modem and wait for it to come back online (one more minute).
  4. Turn on the next piece of hardware (for example, the router), and wait another minute.
If the above steps do not help you, you could also try manual DNS settings on your console. To do so:
  1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  4. Select Configure Network.
  5. On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.
  6. Select Manual.
  7. Select Primary DNS Server.
  8. Enter 4.2.2.1, then select Done.
  9. Select Secondary DNS Server.
  10. Enter 4.2.2.2, then select Done.
  11. Select Done again.
  12. Press the B button on your controller, and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection. 

Let us know if any of the above suggestions help out! :) 

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you i manualy entered te dns server settings you suggested and the app yploaded my console info and registered me with no problem this time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Very glad we were able to help. Happy Gaming!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I know this is lame of me. But where are DL the console app?

Sorry this didn't help.

Golgo28, happy gaming to you! :)

Hello, I B Big Country! Please post all beta-related questions here in the private beta forums: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx. If you are having trouble accessing the beta forums, please take a look at this sticky and if necessary make a new post: forums.xbox.com/.../321942.aspx. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.