Fairness Starting to Peak It's Ugly Head Through the Clouds??

Nice article from Computer and Video Games (CVG).

-

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/426190/blog/xbox-one-strikes-back/

Actually a couple digs at Sony for mistakes at Gamescom.....most notably, their attempt to repeat getting a major crowd reaction at MS's expense failing with a dud shows that people are past the policy changes at this point and want to know about the games and what the console will do.  When you get to that discussion, the Xbox One clearly stands out and is strong.

-

from the article:

[quote] Xbox One's biggest sign of redemption yet came when Sony Computer Entertainment boss Andrew House made an uncharacteristically gauche attack

on Microsoft's flip-flopping policies... only to be met with an awkward silence and limp applause from his audience.........Sony's digs feel as out of date as an old Xbox One fact sheet.

-

Most journalists I speak to agree that this is where Microsoft's machine looks particularly strong; It's hasn't quite got the 'best launch line-up in history' Phil Harrison believes it does, but Xbox One's smart mix of first-party titles, combined with high profile CoD, FIFA and Battlefield content exclusives could prove decisive when the public make their next-gen buying decisions this Christmas.

[/quote]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To be fair all companies given the chance will attack others.

Sure Microsoft have had a shaky run up to launch but I think now finally things are turning around for the better. I know people keep on about how many U-Turns they have made but if it's for the better ( Different opinions here obviously ) then who cares really?

Now this is just my opinion before anyone jumps on me but for me Sony should concentrate on what their doing rather than try and get in the spotlight/get the applause for mentioning Microsoft's mistakes, if you can call them that. At E3 the the biggest applause on the night is when they had a dig at Micrsoft, not so big applause for what they are doing themselves. Now recently they tried it again, like mentioned above, met with limp applause? getting old now Sony.

Like I said, given the chance all companies do it but Sony need to be carefull because what's that saying? ... "Those that laugh last, laugh the loudest" ;)

I still find it annoying that MS announced their policies and people went "omg worst policies ever I'm moving to Sony" then MS said "Fair enough, we'll change those policies to what you want" and people reacted by saying "ZOMG XBOX 180 HAHAHA I ARE A COMEDY JENIUS"

Another nice article.....when they stop talking about the policies and start talking about the games....Xbox One is NICE

-

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/23/xbox-one-gamescom-creativity-the-cloud-something-about-titans/

-

[quote]Xbox One may have had a bumpy ride on the way to Cologne this week, but now that the console’s policies are now set, Microsoft can focus on the games, and so far what I’ve seen is strong. 

[/quote]

Favious....yep.  And many fanboys and anti-MS folks have seen those reversals and then just started putting up more and more hoops for them to jump through before they would buy the console....which is silly, because most of them never will.

-

But, unfortunately, that's the position MS put themselves in though.  Some really bad missteps to start off the pre-launch craziness.  But, the good news is, these last 10 weeks or so leading up to launch should be focused on MS strong points....it's better game lineup, the more I look at it, it really is strong.  And how much more the console will do for you compared to the PS4, which in large part has just followed the traditional next-gen....same old with better graphics.

^ And it's been said on these forums alot recently, games ( Which why most of us here are buying a console ) will sell consoles.

To be fair to Sony though, the best thing I've read from them recently and it goes with what's being mentioned here is ..

Sony: 'The Lowest Priced System isn't Always the Most Successful'

Gamers "look at the software offerings and they look at the value proposition."

uk.ign.com/.../sony-the-lowest-priced-system-isnt-always-the-most-successful

I think they're on the right track now, as the articles are suggesting. Once the silicon chip yield problem doesn't result in a worldwide delay I think Xbox One will do well. Games wise I don't think it could be doing much better at launch(except maybe having Minecraft as a day one title). It offers a lot more functionality with the Kinect outside of games. I mean I figured that the new gen would feature gesture and voice control as standard but alas it doesn't.

It will always, always just irritate me that MS didn't announce the console they have now, at the start...

another really good article on the silliness of the MS bashing that has been going on the last couple months.  People have forgotten what this is all about......THE GAMES.  I think.....hope....we are getting back to what this should be about.....great games.  And if it is, then MS should have a good next couple months.

-

http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2013/08/24/the-xbox-one-and-ps4-when-did-gamers-stop-caring-about-video-games

-

[quote]these days ridiculing Microsoft has become so vogue that the rhetoric is starting to resemble the kind of meaningless drivel that we've become accustomed to in politics.[/quote]

-

Referring to the Xbox One "Unboxing Video" from a couple weeks ago...

-

[quote]

The whole thing was the type of inoffensive, self-congratulatory affair that anyone with an ounce of sense would have expected. But, when Hryb revealed that the package would include a headset, gamers instantly started accusing Microsoft of flip flopping on their promises.

-

Granted, MS did say that the Xbox One wouldn't include a packaged headset, but can someone explain to me how this is a problem? It's a free headset that Xbox owners weren't expecting to receive. There's literally no downside.

-

However, because poking sticks into Microsoft's open wounds has become one of the internet's favorite pastimes, a free headset has somehow become unacceptable.

-

It's ridiculous, and far more embarrassing than owning a Vita.[/quote]

As long as X1 is sold with Kinect - i wont be buying it.. No amount of pretty games will force me to buy it....So i ll be playing my 360, PS 4 and Wii U meanwhile. by the time Kinectless SKu comes- the games will be on sale, and so is X1

rejecting new tech out of hand.......so freaking weird.  I'll never understand it.  

-

"Give me what I have now and don't dare try to give me anything more!!!"

i really don't give a crap what people say, I like both consoles, competition is healthy but i'll buy an xbox because I have always bought an Xbox I'm familiar with it, Journalists just want to speculate and make stories it's their job... comment on what others do.

nothing new.