Failure to recognize connections

So a few days ago, I had connection issues associated with the system alert that were resolved by removing and re attaching my hard drive. Today, however, my Xbox is now failing to recognize my wireless or even a wired connection. Every time I test the connection with either type, I immediately get the "There is a problem with your connection" message. I have never had connection problems and I know it's not my internet since my phone, laptop and Wii U all have no problem with the wifi.  I'm really afraid this may be an internal problem and want to know if others are having this problem and what can be done to possibly fix it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

And I've done all the router and modem disconnects and checks and tried multiple cables.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there obese,

Just to double check, have you tried the Connection Error troubleshooter already? There are a couple suggestions there based on the exact message you're seeing when your test fails.

I'm sorry to say but if that troubleshooter doesn't help sort things out and your console is not recognizing a wireless or even a wired connection, you may want to send it in for a repair

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.