Failed system update

Can someone tell me how to fix this issue? Here is the error code thrown. 397F-3CD6-2800-0F00-C000-0034 . I looked through the update error codes, and although there were similar ones, an exact match could not be found. Any help is appreciated.

I cant access the dashboard. Upon turning the power on, it goes straight to the error screen after a brief attempt to finish the download. No options are available. Pushing the xbox button or any other button does nothing.

Tried the sync button power off as suggested. No change. Still going straight to the error screen.

Tried this to update via USB or CD other than your game disk

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

try making sure that you have enough room on your harddrive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

how when it won't let me do anything.  I cant access the dashboard. Upon turning the power on, it goes straight to the error screen after a brief attempt to finish the download. No options are available. Pushing the xbox button or any other button does nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are going to need to download the microsoft update package onto a usb disk drive and plug it into the console..

You will then boot the console using the power button, the console will recognize the signed update package and proceed to flash the update onto your console

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

Visit this link for more information / instruction

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

tried that my usb desk drive is to wide to fet in the plug in the back of the xbox so i burned it to a desk and it didn't work it just goes  straight back to the error screen after a brief attempt to finish the download.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, it sounds like that system may need a repair, I'm afraid.  But!  We've got one more thing we can try.  Please try turning off (and even unplugging the console).  Then remove any accessories (other USB drives, Kinect Sensor, hard drive if possible, any other USB accessories, even the ethernet cable if it's plugged in) then boot it up and try to install it from the disc one last time.  If it won't install that way, then you can set up a repair here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process  Fingers crossed!

Sorry this didn't help.