Faces will not import in Mass Effect 3 if you didn't change them in ME2

So essentially if you didn't have a face-code in ME2 because you accepted the imported face, then you'll have to do your best to recreate it. in Mass Effect 3.

This guy is a Bioware employee and confirms that while everything else about a Shepard imports the face wont and will have to be remade http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449196&pagenumber=57&perpage=40#post400579869.

Also on this page of the BSN there is a quote from the EA FAQ about the game http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9513640/28.

"Q: Will I be able to make changes to my Shepherd when I import?
A: You will be given the option to alter the appearance of Shepherd, and you will be able to change class (i.e. Soldier to Adept) as well.
NOTE: Some ME2 saves will not be able to import the face-file of your Shepard. You will need to re-create the appearance when importing the file."
Notice the last part.

I confess to be fuming about this. I've used the same face for five years now and no matter how close I manage to get recreating the look in ME3 it just wont be the same.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 97 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, I find that a bit annoying, but looks like it means a face lift for my Mara Jade in ME3 now...

Does this mean no more Tyrone Shepard?

Ah well, I use default male Shepard anyway.

I'm usually not fussed about character creation.

Same as Praetorian, I've just used the default Shepard.

But I can see why some might be annoyed with this, it should be in the game. Maybe if they wasn't so busy with the tact on multi-player they would have.

I believe I imported but then changed her hair. Hope she's alright. Otherwise she goes back to that ugly pre set female shepard.

I imported mine in for ME2 so I guess it is lost, so basically I kept that save file on my HDD all that time for nothing then.
Bah humbug that is a poor show really :(.

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

I imported mine in for ME2 so I guess it is lost, so basically I kept that save file on my HDD all that time for nothing then.
Bah humbug that is a poor show really :(.

[/quote]

Same here, Grey. I imported my beloved Shep into ME2, so it looks like I'll be trying to recreate his ugly mug for ME3. problem is not matter how hard I tried in the demo I couldn't create the same face - it always came out looking strange. Ah well, guess I'll have to craft a new look :D

-----------

I am at least happy to learn that you can change class should you wish it.

------------

@Woodbine. No offense to you, sir, but I honestly can't see how you could blame the multiplayer for this as the co-op aspects of the game have been developed by a separate team, BioWare Montreal, who were only formed last year, entirely, whilst the singleplayer game was developed by  BioWare Edmonton.  This just seems like a strange oversight, one that should never have happened, but an oversight nonetheless.

The problem is that some facial features that were in the first games face creator are not in the ME2 version, the only way to get them in the second game is to accept the imported face.

-

Because of these missing features it will be impossible for some to recreate the look of their Shepard.

[quote user="xxW0LFxx TFD"]

@Woodbine. No offense to you, sir, but I honestly can't see how you could blame the multiplayer for this as the co-op aspects of the game have been developed by a separate team, BioWare Montreal, who were only formed last year, entirely, whilst the singleplayer game was developed by  BioWare Edmonton.  This just seems like a strange oversight, one that should never have happened, but an oversight nonetheless.

[/quote]I'm just anti multi-player in mass effect, I will blame it for anything lol.

I would have preferred it if they filled the disc space with single player missions as this is a story driven game.

I wouldn't say this is just an oversight Wolf. Surely checking that custom faces import successfully across all three games should have been one of the first things that was checked, not left to a later patch. Interestingly no reviewer or preview has mentioned this issue and Bioware recommended on the BSN that you play the game first without importing.

Makes you wonder if they did know what a fuss this was going to cause and have been trying to keep it quiet. I'll be interested to see if it makes it into your review Wolf.