Check them out if you like that sort of thing:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Webgames

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can I check them out despite despising that sort of thing? (Just out of a sort of masochistic curiosity)

EDIT: They're like trials*, on the PC, with ads?

*Trials as in short demonstratory versions of full games as opposed to the game of the same name.

[quote user="UseYourIlusion"]

Can I check them out despite despising that sort of thing? (Just out of a sort of masochistic curiosity)

[/quote]You can indeed sir!

I for one couldn't be happier that our Gold subs are being partially invested into this new and exciting feature that will set the world alight.

Besides gives you something to do while waiting for the forum pages to load up.

never been more glad to be silver level lol.....only the totally deprived of life would visit xbox.com to play games available on Facebook.com lmao

What, wait for the ads/games to load up :P

You do have a point though... but I'm sure I played exactly the same demo of PvZ before the game even came out on Xbox Live, so it's not really much of a benefit. (It might be a completely different demo, I obviously haven't had time to play it, and likely won't).

Maybe the other games are more worth having a PC version, and if they extend it to new releases so you could play on the PC and Xbox then great.

The Text one is quite addictive and notice they show up on recent played list as games with 0 of 0 Achievements...

no achievements then its pointless.

^ Literally pointless lol.

^ Yeah I don't think the new Xbox LIVE Web games will take off too well, add achievements and integration with console & or WP7 players then might be worth it ...

Why is everyone soo short sighted?

Microsoft have been going on and on recently about how the future is HTML5. If the reports about the new dashboard are true, it will have a HTML5 front end. There are also lots of rumours about Microsoft investigating free to play games.

Now, if these games are HTML5, then its quite possible this is a test bed, for the next dashboard/WP7 Mango/Windows8.

[quote user="SnailUK"] There are also lots of rumours about Microsoft investigating free to play games.

[/quote]Investigating how they can get away for charging a fee for them I assume.