F1 2012 Announcement and Discussion

Codemasters have announced that they are making F1 2012, with a target release date of September 2012. I personally am really excited about this, as I have played both F1 2010 and F1 2011 nearly every other day since they have been out. 

-

Things I would like to see are the introduction of Brake Bias controls, more advanced race replay functions (similar to Forza Motorsport where you can save replays to hard drive), warm up laps, and a podium cut scene. Would also like to see open online practice sessions where players can 'drop in' and 'drop out' of the garages as they wish!

-

There are strong sources saying that the new Austin Track for the US Grand Prix will be included aswell.

Announcement video - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1iNOpD3CdI

Eurogamer - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-16-codemasters-unveil-f1-2012 

Gamerlive.tv - http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/codemasters-birmingham-explores-games-verse-reality-f1-2012 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I rather enjoyed F1 2010 and F1 2011.

A few things which I would like too see more of is:

- Interacting with the mechanics (what part of the car needs improving)

- Mechanics taking car parts off

- Bit more of a variety of AI (over braking a corner, crashing...etc)

- More variety of issues (tyres get a puncture, engine/ gearbox failure, low fuel...etc)

- Having a walk around the paddock and meeting other drivers and doing interviews

- Having a walk on the starting grid

- Lot more interaction with your team mate

Can't wait, i play F1 at least once a week & love everything about the series.  I just hope they sort out the last few bugs & the dodgy penalty system.

Uh, I'd hope that the Austin GP circuit was included seeing as the game is based on the 2012 season.

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

Codemasters have announced that they are making F1 2012, with a target release date of September 2012. I personally am really excited about this, as I have played both F1 2010 and F1 2011 nearly every other day since they have been out. 

-

Things I would like to see are the introduction of Brake Bias controls, more advanced race replay functions (similar to Forza Motorsport where you can save replays to hard drive), warm up laps, and a podium cut scene. Would also like to see open online practice sessions where players can 'drop in' and 'drop out' of the garages as they wish!

-

There are strong sources saying that the new Austin Track for the US Grand Prix will be included aswell.

Announcement video - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1iNOpD3CdI

Eurogamer - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-16-codemasters-unveil-f1-2012 

Gamerlive.tv - http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/codemasters-birmingham-explores-games-verse-reality-f1-2012 

[/quote]

and so it should be!

they are good but still prefer studio 33 versions

yeah looking forward to this game as I am loving f1 2011 even though i sometimes dont play it

Even though I know it will be a day one purchase but I have to be honest I don't get as excited now hearing about this release, I mean we've had 2 great games before and no doubt this one will be great aswell but how much can they really add to it now? well nothing that couldn't be done as an update for 2011, did we really need another whole new game?

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

[/quote]

Taken directly from Codemasters F1 2012 press release:
"F1 2012 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the debut of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX at Austin, Texas and the return of Germany’s famous Hockenheim circuit to the calendar. "

Hope that clears it up for ya's 

[quote user="LoftyBee"]

Even though I know it will be a day one purchase but I have to be honest I don't get as excited now hearing about this release, I mean we've had 2 great games before and no doubt this one will be great aswell but how much can they really add to it now? well nothing that couldn't be done as an update for 2011, did we really need another whole new game?

[/quote]

That's the same reaction I had, Lofty, when they announced the game, and even stated as such when I posted up the news. There's only so much can really e done, aside from the usual handling tweaks etc. I can't help but feel they could have released an expansion pack that would have done almost, if not just, as good a job.

[quote user="xxW0LFxx TFD"]

[quote user="LoftyBee"]

[/quote]

That's the same reaction I had, Lofty, when they announced the game, and even stated as such when I posted up the news. There's only so much can really e done, aside from the usual handling tweaks etc. I can't help but feel they could have released an expansion pack that would have done almost, if not just, as good a job.

[/quote]

I agree, theres no doubt they have set new benchmarks for F1 games.

But with good games comes success and with success comes the milking strategy like fifa, releasing games every year when every two would be better for gamers.

Although I cant complain I play both series so my criticism is null really but everyone gets the point, as has been proved with COD.

They can add Blue Flags for Kimi Räikkönen. Hehe, sorry. Those who saw the Australian GP will understand. :P