Extremely Poor Customer Experience!

To whom it may concern,

I have had all three consoles, xbox, xbox360(every generation), and the xbox one.  I was one of the lucky ones that got red ringed when the 360 got was released....3 times.  I am also the proud owner of an xbox one in America that was designed for region 2 (I bought this console at GameStop in the Heartland).   This means that my dvds and blurays will not pay in my xbox one, it also means the games I bought have remained unopened for fear of having them become returnable.

I preordered this Xbox the day it was announced.  I have a day 1 console, in preparation for this console I bought cable, increased my internet speeds from 25 to 50mbps, purchased a surface, upgrade windows 7 to 9, and saved so that I can purchase a 4k television on black Friday.  Please imagine my frustration when I realized that I will either have to suffer through another week of owning a faulty Xbox One or not purchasing my 4k television on black Friday. 

As well as not being able to play two of my games because I don't want to open them up and not be able to return them if the Xbox wont recognize region 1 games like it does dvds. 

I have had two conversations with your 18004myxbox customer service.  The main issue is they can't verify my account via email or txt for some reason.  As well as escalating my case the first time because it has "never happened before".   I decided to call back after not hearing from your Tear 3 representatives only to be on the phone for 2 hours and 30 minutes.  While John P. (tear 1 Florida branch)  tried to stumble through a case he has never seen before.  After 2 hours he finally convinced his supervisor (Rianne A.) to allow me the privilege of preshipping my Xbox One.  I asked if I could send my games in as well and get the digital copies so I can play games now and was told no.....ok.  Ill return them to Game Stop and purchase them digitally like I did with ghost.  However when I asked to receive my complementary game that everyone else is getting with their faulty disc drives I was again told no.  I then asked to speak with the supervisor and she refused, I insisted and she finally came.  Although her words were professional it was the tone in which she conducted herself that I did not care for.  As if it was my fault the xbox was not in the right region and then acting like Im an idoit and saying she does not have the ability to give me the compensation everyone else is receiving.  I know she had the ability because John P. would never have asked her if she had not been doing it all night. 

I do not appreciate being lied or talked down to.
I do not appreciate being sold a 4th faulty xbox. (3 360's 1 xbox1)
I do not appreciate the xbox one getting in the way of me purchasing my 4k tv or suffering through another week or two of a faulty system.

I have attached photos of the phone call and the error code.  I hope that in the future you guys learn better customer service.

Sincerely,
Jimmy Nichols

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

No one here is really concerned with this. Probably would have just been as constructive to hand write this out and mail it to Steve Ballmer.

Isn't the Xbox One region free?

How was your xbox one designed for region 2 if all XB1's are region free? Blu-ray discs are not region free. There is no such thing as windows 9. Why should you receive a free game if you never claimed that you had a faulty disc drive? Sounds like a bunch of gimme gimme gimme to me. After you answer these questions then I could possibly see myself agreeing with you

the Xbox one is region free from what 99% of the internet says...

There are several questionable statements in the OP's posts, but the region-free bit of the XB1 only applies to games.

support.xbox.com/.../watch-bluray-dvd-movies

Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific Blu-ray and DVD region, following international standards. The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console. See the following tables for the countries in each disc region.

Note Game discs for the Xbox One console are not coded to regions.

I rang up to complain about the fact tv does not work through the console over here ( pal has a 50hrz rate America has 60hrz and Microsoft didn't adjust it for us) which causes  juddering and was to sell back my console using buyers remorse which I think is a us only policy anyway.