Extremely Frustrating Update Issue

Hey, folks. I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to an Xbox One through Best Buy. Obviously, I was psyched about the whole thing. I get home, unbox everything, plug it in, turn it on, and go through the process. The first time I did this, it immediately connected to my ethernet and said 'you're connected.' I try to download the update, and wham, it just stops. So I try it again, and this time, it says my connection isn't working because the "DNS can't resolved the Xbox server." So I try over and over again, restarting the console, doing this, doing that, and have the exact same issue. This ethernet port is coming from my dorm room, so I've got no control on the modem or anything and can't power it off. I try over and over and give up after about an hour. 

I come back seven hours after that, and try again. Same exact thing happens; the first time I power up the console and go through the initial stages, everything is connected and working. When I get to the download page and start trying to download, it stops in the middle of the download again, telling me my connection isn't working. Over and over again I try for about another hour and nothing happens. 

Finally, I'm able to try again about a day later, and have the EXACT same issue.

I bought this on Thursday afternoon and it's now early Saturday morning - and every single time I try to update this damn thing, I always have the same thing happen. It'll connect and everything on the very first try after sitting for a while, but the download stops midway through the update, and the console stops recognizing my connection.

This is extremely tedious and frustrating, and I can't do it for much longer before deciding to just botch the whole thing and ask for my money back. 

Any clue on what the hell is going on? I'm not going to call the IT people because I know for a fact I won't get anywhere with them.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The biggest problem I have is the fact that the ethernet worked perfect with the Xbox 360 and it still works perfectly with my MacBook. But with the Xbox One, it's apparently refusing to work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there NoRoXiM!

I am sorry to hear about the update issue.  Just to make sure that we are not missing any troubleshooting steps, I recommend that you check out our Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool post.  

Follow the steps outlined in the post and we will be standing by to help get this issue sorted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.