Extremely Frustrated with Customer Service..

So today I received an email saying that my gamertag was inappropriate and that it's been changed. My gamertag, formerly "[Mod Removed]" is now "FancyCalf148507" was one I've had for years and has been the source of many laughs and good fun, even the associate I spoke to on the phone got a good laugh. I totally understand that it's inappropriate and I don't mind changing it at all, but there is absolutely no way that I'm going to fork over money to not be called a cow. I really don't mind changing it to something more.. PG, but I wasn't given a warning, notified, or given any options here. Boom, we changed your name and now you have to give us more money. I've been with Xbox for around 5-6 years now and have had many disappointments but I'm fed up and nearly convinced to purchase a PS4.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The enforcement team are the only ones who handle forced name changes. If you want an official answer from them, you would need to post here - forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspxThe warning is the Code of Conduct you agreed to which does include the forced name change policy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with customer service, but as Smwutches stated, the Gamertag violates the Code of Conduct you agreed to when you signed up for the service. Specifically the following:

• Do not create a Gamertag, profile content, Avatar content, in-game content, videos, or any other content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of:
  • Topics or content of a sexual nature
  • Any “sound-alike” or “lookalike” words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics

In addition to the forums, please check the new Enforcement History site to see if any further details are there or provides any course of actions you can take. Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Smwutches, I followed your link but I hit a dead end.

Sorry this didn't help.

I missed a space. This should work - forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

actually you WERE given a warning it was the code of conduct you agreed to that said what was and what is not allowed on the service.  in the old days if your name was against the rules the  system would not let you on unless you changed the name.  but too many people abused that by creating names just as bad or worse or did stupid things like just adding numbers to the offensive name.  PET said screw it and now just give you the random one, you have 2 options live with it, or pay to change it something else, and remember your name must be rated E for everyone.

Sorry this didn't help.