Extreme loading lag of Xbox Dashboard,Messages and Friends lists

up until two months ago i could connect to xbox live in 3 minutes or so. but when i got the last system update that all went to hell after my console had restarted it took 20 minutes to connect to xbox live dashboard i taught it was my internet connection so i checked it and it was the usual ping and download speed and upload speed since then i have had to wait 15 minutes just to get to the dashboard and an extra 5 to 20 minutes just to see my messages or who is online but that is not the worst now i cant download any updates for any of my games without it saying it cant find the hard drive( some code with 8007 in it tried all the trouble shooting on this site too so please no one suggest i unplug the console or take out the hard drive and put it back in also cleared the system cache(just so u know i have the slim model with the 250 GB hardive before some one suggest about the elite) ) if some one knows whats going on please help i need to play some multi-player soon before i die of bordom ;)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

Greetings gaza

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your xbox. Please allow me to help you.

- First, please try clearing the cache. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  2. Select Clear System Cache.
  1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

- If the problem persist, please try to delete your gamer profile and re-download it. Instructions: here

- Finally, try to remove your XBOX 360's Hard Drive and use a USB Flash Drive to download your profile to see if the hard drive could be the issue. Instructions on removing a hard drive can be found here and instructions on formatting a USB Flash Drive to work with the XBOX 360 console are here.

Downloading the profile onto the USB Flash Drive here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

had this same issue. if all else fails with these troubleshooting tips, the update may have f***** up your harddrive. it did that to mine and i had the same freaking issue. like nothing worked and support just told me to send it in. but i ended up buying  anew xbox and testing the harddrive on that and it got the update fine and ran smoothly. but my other harddrive couldnt get the update, and when i did it acted like yours, slow, terible and slow....and terrible.

i ended up transferring all my content from my old hdd in the new one and everything works fine now.

but before you go and buy a new harddrive id try to trouble shoot this using the technique above. id also check to see if any of your files on your hdd are corrupted. i found a couple on mine, but deleting them didnt make a difference at all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.