Extreme lagg (sometimes disconnect)

Hey there, i play Call of Duty Black Ops (MW3 when it comes out) and i have had extreme lagg for about 4-5 days, sometimes i can't even play a full game without disconnecting, every 4-5 seconds i get a 2 second lagg if not more.

I have tried calling my internet provider and they are currently monitering our internet and have not gotten back to me about what the problems are (if there are any), my friend has a phone and uses wireless on it and it works perfectly for him, which makes me think it could be my console, my console is not even 1 year old.

This really annoys me and i really want to know what is up with my xbox (if it is my xbox)

Sometimes i just get black screened and says Disconnected from xbox live.

Here are some of the details

Please if you think you can help me, ask me any questions my main email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 

What Country/State/Province do you live in? New Zealand - Christchurch
Modem brand & model number: Thompson gateway
Router brand & model number: Thompson gateway?
Network Connection Type: Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? Parker_home
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter??
Things you have tried: Disconnecting the modem several times, Testing xbox live connection (Connected, Connected, Connected)
Is UPnP Enabled? /Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? ?????
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Telecom
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?alot of things :L

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi,

As a test is is possible to go wired direct to the Thompson, that way you can tell if its your wireless setup if it works ok wired

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

aya

Sorry this didn't help.

My husband and I were having the same problem. We called the company that had the wireless router to see if the firmware was updated. They walked us through how to change the channel on our wireless router that was more suffecient for our area and the problem stopped.

Sorry this didn't help.