external storage devices

hi everyone further to my last post about externalhard drives for storage is it  possible to use a usb stick as an external storage device

the problem is iv'e got a new 4gig machine and have run out of storage space so looking for most econimical and sensible solution to it

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

yep,USB stick is an ideal,reasonably priced option,1gig minimum or 16gig maximum.

thanks

your welcome,you will need to configure the usb but you`ll get on-screen prompts to help,it`s no drama ,all straight forward.

Check Play.com, i got a 16gb stick for about 13 quid.

Beware. USB is a memory card replacement, so you will find features of games like COD and Halo won't work, because you havn't got a proper HDD.

At some stage you will need a HDD, so bite the bullet now, rather than spending money on a USB key, then buying a HDD down the line.

Again, like hard drives, not all USB memory sticks work on 360 either.

ok thanks for all the comments so who fits hard drives to them in place of the **** 4 gig

[quote user="calibra117"]

ok thanks for all the comments so who fits hard drives to them in place of the **** 4 gig

[/quote]Theres a cover on the right hand end, towards the back. Remove it carefully, and you will see a tab thing, give it a fairly firm tug, and out will pop the harddrive. Then just pop the new one in, making sure to push it in firmly, and away you go. Shopto sell the official 250gb hdd i believe. 

Game had a deal going for the official 250g HDD , 20 quid off i believe , dunno if it`s still going but worth checking out .