External HDD needed

My HDD is going to his limit. I really need the external support soon. I don't wanna delete and install all games again and again. Without an external HDD the digital distribution are useless.

After Thief and Titanfall Release just 50 GB more or less left on my HDD. It's make me really sad. I shouldn't be a problem to "activate" external storage. Come on Microsoft make us happy and fix it with the march update!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi Jimbo,

its pretty unlikely, or even impossible to implement external storage within the next update.

As much as I read about it, its planned to implement external storage devices in the future.

Here you can read a bit about it www.engadget.com/.../xbox-one-wont-support-external-storage-at-launch

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jumbo, I can relate to your situation. Unfortunately with the current internal drive size combined with games required to be installed and the massive size, you will at some point have to make decisions as to which games you want to keep installed.

One of the great things about the xbox one is all saved game data is synchronized in the cloud so while installing / uninstalling to make room can be an inconvenience right now, you'll always have access to your saved games.

Looking at the current install sizes I'm not sure any external is going to be an end all be all even when external support is available. We'll constantly be forced to manage data if you purchase more than say 8 games.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.