External Harddrive limitations/restrictions

Howdy Xbox Forum, This is what I have done, I have taken a terabyte hard drive, plugged it into my computer, transferred  all that is important on it to my computer, and then plugged it into my 360, and it formatted so that the 360 could use it. Mission accomplished, I have backed up my 360 hard drive.

But now, I want to divide that hard drive so I can continue to use it to store information from my computer. IF I REFORMAT MY XBOX 360 EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AFTER THE XBOX HAS STORED DATA ON IT, WILL MY XBOX STILL BE FRIENDS WITH IT, OR WILL IT REJECT IT? (there is plenty of room on the hard drive for a partition so that the xbox side does not need to cooperate with the non xbox side).

Thank you for your time.

Vertigo

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you format it you'll lose data on that drive. Besides. You can only use 16GBs on an external memory source such as a usb flashdrive or external HDD so i dont see how you backed up your xbox HDD unless you have a 4GB internal memory xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you select the "Format" option, it will deleted everything on the hard drive.

If you select the "Customize" option, it will create a new partition for the Xbox 360. You will only be able to use a maximum of 16GB though. Also the Hard Drive has to be formatted to FAT32.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.