External Hard Drive Update

Hello, I have a 300gb external hard drive and had the original partition of 32gb for my xbox 360.

With the new update I copied the data from the hard drive to my pc to then format the hard drive and reformat it within the xbox to be able to use the full 300gb.

Now I'm just wondering where do I copy the "data0001" files to with all my saved data, as the hard drive now shows up as a external USB when it used to be another memory unit.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Xbox files are never meant to be read by a pc.  The Xbox uses a different format that the pc can't read so it alters the files to make them readable.  They might not be usable as xbox files anymore.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

They are in a hidden folder on the root directory of the hard drive.

There is a setting in windows explorer to show hidden files.

Although I can't be more specific than that because although I can see the folder and the files within the folder I have no idea if just copying the data0001 files there will make them usable by the xbox 360 as I don't understand the file/directory structure.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also just re-read your post.

I was referring to the hidden folder  on the drive once the drive has been converted to 300GB

The data files you had from the 32GB partition will probably not be compatible with the drive now you are using the full 300GB

Sorry this didn't help.