External Hard Drive Strange Issue

When I connect my external hard drive to my Xbox one my Xbox recognizes that it is plugged in but it does not actually work. I know it is recognized because one of the notifications appear that let you know your device is ready to start. Much like with my headset which a notification  appears and says "Headset Assigned" the only weird thing about the notification for my external hard drive is that there is no text in the box it is just white until the text "Ready to Start" appears inside it. Note this is a new issue I've used to external hard drive before multiple times and when it used to be recognized the notification would say "External Hard Drive Ready" but as of late my Xbox has not been doing that. Any help or advice would be great thanks 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:
Answer

Sorry to hear this.  I've had this same issue recently here and there.  Try switching which port you're plugging it in to.  If that doesn't work then power cycle the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down then unplug everything from it and let it sit for 5 minutes.

It worked for me so hopefully will work for you as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.