External hard drive not transferring data

I have had a Seagate 3TB external for several months. Recently I noticed that the Xbox one is not installing it to by default anymore. Also if I go into the external storage and attempt to manage the games installed on the hard drive they do not give the option to delete, move or anything other than local saved data. I am also unable to move games, now installing onto the system HD, to the external. I am however able to play the games from the external HD though. Anyone else seen this? I am hoping I don't need do a reformat, 1.5 TB in and I am not on the speediest connection. Any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Hi Combat Monkey, 

Sorry you're having issues with your external hard drive. The first thing I would suggest is checking the storage space on the hard drive, as you said that you can't move games off it likely not the issue, but just an FYI. Then I would suggest doing a hard reset. To do this with the console turned on, hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds until it quickly shuts off. After that go ahead and boot it back up. Then see if you have any more controls over your hard drive. If that doesn't work try using a different USB port on your console. If that doesn't work try removing your profile, and then adding your profile back. Provided your Xbox is connected to the internet, your game saves should be backed up to the Cloud. 

Remove Profile > After following these steps just to go the top left when you normally sign in, and add your profile back. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.