Expired Family plan question

Hey Everyone,

I have a question that I cannot seem to get a consistent answer to and could use some help.

As you are all aware, the family plans are no longer in service. It was my understanding that Microsoft was giving all profiles associated with a family plan 3 free additional months of live service. It didn't say why they were doing it; however, I assumed this was a good will type thing for the increased cost associated with maintaining a non-family plan (ie 4 accounts cost a lot). This is the information pulled from the xbox live/Microsoft web page....

"What changes were made to my current Xbox Live Gold Family Pack? 
Each activated account in your Gold Family Pack has converted to an individual Xbox Live Gold membership. Each of your family’s new individual memberships has the same amount of time remaining on them as your Gold Family Pack does. Plus, we have added a bonus of 3 months to each account!* "

Now, My family plan expired early Sept. and I was anticipating getting these additional months but instead out gold membership stopped. I contacted customer service via chat and the member assured me each account would receive an email with instructions on redeeming the 3 months; this email never came. So tonight I get back on the chat line and this time they tell me that the only people that were getting the three additional months are those who had their family plans interupted/ cancelled mid subscription. This simply doesn't make a bit of sense. Are they trying to tell me that the only people who the get "bonus of 3 months" are those people who's accounts  microsoft terminated early?

Obviously something isn't jiving and I am just looking for some insight into what the real deal is. Any help would be great.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

A official forum support should be with you shortly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The subscription has to be active when the swap takes place to get the extra months.  The swap has apparently been pushed back several times now.  If your Family Pack has expired and you can't set up a new one before the swap then you aren't going to get the extra time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply Fredgibet, It seems silly that they have the above quote posted on their support page but are not honoring it. The information was also up on the site well before my subscription expired and the option to renew the family plan hasn't been available for quite some time now. Its almost like they published it like "Hey, look how nice we are" for PR purposes but are not allowing anyone to actually benefit from it. Oh well, I will just wait until the xbox one release....no way I'm buying four xbox live memberships at $60 a pop.

Sorry this didn't help.

The quote was probably written on the assumption that the changeover would take place as originally scheduled, apparently that wasn't the case.

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess. I mean its all good. I dont expect anything for free. I do however expect good information. Even the chat rep I spoke to was like oh no worries, you will have an email by the end of the month for each account with instructions on how to access your 3 months haha......Silly chat reps. Anyway, Thanks for the insight man.

Sorry this didn't help.