Expiration date help

I paid for 1 month Gold last month- 10/14/13 & when I went to "My Account" section on my xbox today to make sure it was due today, it said my membership expires 12/14/13. I had signed out of my account & back in just a few minutes ago & it gave me the warning message that my live expires 12/14/13.

My bank account wasn't charged twice & as far as I know the other payment method on my account wasn't charged. I'm wondering if this is an error with the system or something- it says 12/14 as the expiration on both xbox.com & the xbox. I tried to get to the chat people but chats closed & I don't have a phone at the moment to call in.

I just want to make sure my live isn't really expiring tonight.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 149 Applies to:

Last month was October therefore the 10 in 10/14/13 would mean October 14, 2013.  This would suggest your expiry date of 12/14/13 means December 14, 2013.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Um, okay I see what you're saying but I already know my months. I know that October 14, 2013 reads 10/14/13 when written that way and I know when December is. Every month I've bought a 1 month Gold, I've had to purchase it again exactly a month later, so if it goes like it has been my expiration should be November 14.

If you check the bill pattern, you would see the confusion.

BOUGHT 1 MONTH GOLD July 17 - Expiration date August 17

BOUGHT 1 MONTH GOLD August 17 - Expiration date September 17

BOUGHT 1 MONTH GOLD September 14 - Expiration date October 14

BOUGHT 1 MONTH GOLD October 14 - Final expiration date given on receipt page is November 14, and like I said when checking website and the 360 it's saying December 14.

It is still November 14 for me, I have not paid for November 14 so there is no reason for the expiration to be December 14. If that was the case then back in July when I started buying the 1 month Gold it would have said an expiration of September 17 instead of August 17. 

Sorry this didn't help.

If you bought the membership on the console it will auto renew until you cancel the auto renewal.  If you use cards it is a possibility that you purchased an extra one at some point and used it.  You can log in at commerce.microsoft.com to check out the details of your Live service and when the months were added.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've done all that, that's what I'm saying!

All memberships are purchased on the computer, I don't trust doing it on the console.

I've checked bank accounts, there is only 1 charge for 1 month of Gold, and I checked details of my service last night before I posted anything. It didn't expire last night so I'm just assuming I have a month of Gold free. Thanks for your help, even though you didn't really help.

Sorry this didn't help.

You didn't get one month free.  You have auto-renewal enabled on the account.  It may take a day or so before the charge shows up on your credit card/bank statement.

If you did not intend to have your subscription auto-renew, then I would suggest calling Xbox Support, although they generally will not provide a refund for cancelling a one month subscription.

Sorry this didn't help.

Auto renewal isn't on. I make sure I turn it off after each Gold purchase, not to mention I've checked to make sure the auto-renewal was turned off several times since the initial purchase since there is another bank account associated. Auto- renewal isn't turned on and hasn't been on, no extra charges are on either bank account. Its just best for someone to close this question because this isn't going anywhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

Issue has been found- it auto renewed EVEN THOUGH MY AUTO RENEW IS TURNED OFF.

And yes, I know for a fact auto renewal was turned off.

The charge hasn't hit my bank account yet thank God, but now I have to scrape up cash or I'm going to be over drafted and charged an additional $35 by my bank. Thanks Microsoft!

Sorry this didn't help.

If auto renewal was showing as turned off on your account then you should contact support to see what they can do in this situation.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.