Ethernet Port

I am very upset. My console has been working fine, no problems what so ever, then for no reason the ethernet port decides to quit working. So i check the forums and people are saying that they are having problems with xbox live... So I just assumed that was the problem. Turns out that wasnt the problem, I go to the networking settings and click wired connection. It says that there is no cable plugged in... So I go through all the troubleshooting even though nothing has changed, but I thought I would try it anyway. No luck. So I call up customer support, and they tell me that (after all the troubleshooting) that the only option that i have to do is to submit for a repair, but here's the catch. I am no longer covered for that repair. It's going to cost me $120 to fix the port. 120 Dollars!!! That is insane. "If I get the repair online it can save you 20 dollars" That is still $100 dollars, that is crazy for a console that will probably RROD anyway. Especially when I can purchase a slim for 200 dollars. The thing is, I don't want to spend that kind of cash. Please tell me there is another way, This is making me royally pissed off. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Well if that is the case you will have to pay for the repair. I mean we can't do anything for you sorry to hear about your xbox breaking. Hope this helps and have a great day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear that, a lot of Xbox Ethernet ports get hit in the storm season in the US each year. You have no other option I'm afraid though, its either a brand new Xbox or a Microsoft Repair, a third party (or self) repair can end up with your console being banned.

You could also pick up the Microsoft Wireless adapter in the hope that will still get you connected but.. I dunno, its not something I would personally do

Sorry this didn't help.

Well thanks for the responses, Obviously not what i wanted to hear, but there's nothing I can do now.

Sorry this didn't help.