Ethernet port won't work

i have been trying to connect to my adapter by being wired! I does not work for some reason. I have never tried to be wired until now and apparently it will not work! I have tried rebooting/ restarting my xbox and it does not solve the issue. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I am having the same issue.  I've tried 4 different cables and have also just tried doing the "clear" and reset.  I've also did hard resets and left it unplugged for a few minutes...it works perfectly fine on wireless, just all the sudden quit recognizing my Ethernet cord

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="SAO Legacy IV"]i have been trying to connect to my adapter by being wired! I does not work for some reason.[/quote]Do you have your Xbox One wired directly to a LAN interface on your router?

[quote user="SAO Legacy IV"]I have never tried to be wired until now and apparently it will not work![/quote]Do you receive an error message, stating that you need to connect your console to a modem/router.

If you go to your console's network settings and have a look at the IP settings (IP address, Subnet mask etc.), is your console's IP address a self assign address? For example, 169.254.x.x

If you haven't already, restore your console's IP settings to default as follows:

Select Settings > Network > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC > Clear

Power cycle your console.

You may also try with a different Ethernet cable, if the current one has become defect, causing the electrical signal to degrade.

Post back and let us know how that goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.