Ethernet Port went out

Hey all, so as the topic explains, my ethernet port went out on an older Arcade Xbox 360 model (has HDMI)

I was wondering if I could get a USB to Ethernet adapter, and plug it into one of the 360's USB ports? Would that work?

If that doesnt work, then I assume the only choice to get on Live is to get a wireless adapter? But what if I dont have a wireless router? Are there no other options?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You would need the one of the official wireless adapters and a Wifi router. That would cost your around $80 for the adapter and a decent wireless router. As far as I know there is no USB Ethernet adapter for the 360 since all models have an Ethernet port built in.

-

Either invest in wireless setup, get the console repaired through MS, or sell it toward the purchase of a new console. I prefer having everything besides my laptop and tablet connected through Ethernet.

Any USB to Ethernet adapter would require installation of drivers, which you cannot do on the Xbox 360.  I think your only recourse is to either get a wireless adapter or to replace the Xbox 360.  I'm not sure on the costs, but it might be possible to have it sent into Microsoft for repairs.  I would suggest calling up 1-800-4MY-XBOX and asking their support people about your options.

You are correct CodeMonkey05, However I just sold a USB adater that you plug into a USB port and is Internet ready. Here's what I would do Abys. I would go to walmart and buy a wireless router for 50.00 (decent one) and then get the wifi adapter from xbox and you should be golden. I had this problem before. And unfortunally there is no other solution to this. Please let me know if I can further assist you. I have about 10 15 years exp in computer field. I will do what I can.

If the Xbox is under warranty i would call MS support and get it booked in for a service / even if it is not you could still call them and get options on what to do

also does your modem have more than 1 port would try it in another port as it may be dead.

Thanks all, for the replies.

I do actually have a wireless router, I just knew that if I said that I had one, everybody would tell me to just buy the wireless adapter :P   which im not a fan of doing. But i guess thats what i'll have to do.

Thanks again, for the assistance.