Ethernet port issues

I've been on xbox live since September 2010, with the old model. All of a sudden, I can't connect to live in my room. It says to make sure an ethernet cable is plugged in, it wont detect it. I'm positive that the problem isn't the wire, because I've used several wires(4). I even brought it into my living room, and plugged directly into the modem where all 3 of the cables worked, and I played on xbox live there for 2 hours. I'm using the same wall jack for this desktop computer im using right now, and the connection is fine. It's only this room in the house it doesn't work, and in this room the only thing that wont work is the xbox. Please help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It would most likely be a problem with the Xbox in the Ethernet cord area it may not be detecting the Wire, email Xbox at

support.xbox.com/.../email-us they may email you back and can help better with the issue or call them at

800-469-9269

or 1-800-for-my-xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there ZDSHDCI! Before calling up support for a repair, can you possibly try connecting your console to a different network, maybe one at a friend's house? If you get this same issue with multiple cables and network hardware, then I would suggest calling support for a repair would be your best option. Please let us know how this goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like the ethernet port on your console itself has died.  Mine did once so I know.  The only thing you can do is set up a repair and fork out $100-$120.  Do not attempt this your self or allow any of these "game repair" shops to do it.  Once they/you open the console MS will detect that the next time you sign into LIve and ban your console.

Sorry this didn't help.