Ethernet issues

I am helping a neighbour who is having issues with his XBOX360 S Console ethernet connections

The system was working fine on Sunday, wasnt used on Monday and then when he tried to use it on Tuesday he encountered the following problems. No changes had been made to the system in the meantime:-

All via the System Settings/Network Setttings menu :

Wireless connection:-

no network seen & when selected get a message saying "To use a wireless Internet connection, connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to your console" (note S Console has integrated wireless)

To double check I connected my own wireless adapter (from my original Xbox360) and still get the same message.

Note that I can connect to the wireless network fine with my laptop, so know it is workign OK

Wired Network :-

(Have long ethernet cable plugged into router, but ethernet port on router does not show active when plugged in)

When trying to access the wired network connection on the Xbox get the message "To use a wired Internet connection, make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console & your router or modem"

Tested the cable by connecting it to my laptop (disabled wifi on the laptop) and connects OK & route now shows ethernet port as active.

Looks like all networking functions in the Xbox are not working,. Is there a known fix for this or is it a case of taking it to the repair shop?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It would seem that the NIC malfunctioned and needs to be replaced.  Calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX you can help verify this and set up a repair if need be.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Angel - We are in Ireland; is there an equivalent number here do you know?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Shoq Fraze - Here you go - Ireland - (01) 2420758 or 1 800 509 186

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys, its on its way for repair.

Out of interest do the wired and wireless interfaces share a NIC? If not it is odd that both failed at the same time

Sorry this didn't help.