Ethernet connection won't connect to Live, Wifi works fine

In order to improve my connection speeds, I've connect my 360 to an ethernet internet connection. When I run the tests, I end up with the error message below. So I get a successful connection from Xbox -> Network -> Internet . But it fails at the final hurdle Internet -> Xbox Live. I went through the troubleshooting wizard (rebooting router, resetting xbox network settings) which eventually said check that the live service was up. Easy to check, I flipped back to my wifi connection ran the same test and all worked fine. I can't see how it could be a problem with my router as both methods connect to the internet and surely it's not concerned with the household side of things once it's gone out of the house. Likewise with the ISP.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I have the same problem. Im using a wired connection and Xbox Live stopped working earlier on not that long ago. My network and internet connected fine but when it comes to Xbox Live it fails. Mabye its happening with everyone whos using an ethernet cable

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Does it work OK on WiFi for you, or do you  not have that option?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Pete, sorry to hear about the Ethernet connection issue! To be sure, have you tried connecting using a different cable? How about a different port on your router? Lastly, does the same issue occur if you connect directly to your modem?

Sorry this didn't help.