Ethernet Cable Not Recognized.

For some reason my Xbox won't connect me to live and when i'm trying to test connection it says that i need to have Ethernet cable connected to Xbox and Modem. So i check if cable was loose but it was not. Tried again and same problem. I also tried whit other cable but that did't help. What would cause this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Jaska, appreciate your taking the bull by the horns and doing the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Is the cable a known good cable? Has it worked on a PC or other device?

If so, then try another port on your modem or router.

If that does not help, then unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the Xbox, get a flashlight, and look for bent or misaligned pins in the Ethernet socket; there should be eight pins, angled back about 30 degrees.

Should that all fail, then contact Xbox Customer Support and ask for a Hardware Agent.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

If you're having this sort of problem and you've tried the following:

Replacing the Ethernet Cable (or trying a different one)
Directly connecting to the cable/dsl modem (without the router with a new Ethernet cable)

Then that means that the Ethernet port on your XBOX 360 has been damaged. You will need to visit the XBOX repair site here and request a repair. If your XBOX 360 is under the 1 year standard warranty then the repair is free, if not then it's going to be a $99 fee for the repair.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tested two cabels and none of them worked on xbox. Also tried different ports but that did not help.

I maybe have figured this out. There was thunder storm last night and i have left "Internet/Phone socket (Don't know what to call it) on by accident. I,m pretty sure that thunder fried it.

I have three years old 60Gb pro so i,m probably just gonna get new 250gb slim :).

Sorry this didn't help.

If you decide to buy the new console :) then you don't need a transfer cable to move the files... an ordinary USB flash drive will do to move your profile and your offline game saves, you can redownload a profile from XBL, and everything else you need to use the License Transfer option before you redownload it from Download History under Account Management.

And, your homeowners insurance policy _may_ cover the replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

You could also consider just getting a Wireless Adapter if you already have a wireless router. I think it's a good next step.

www.amazon.com/.../B002RS7NB2 has the genuine XBOX 360 adapter for $54.99 and other vendors are shown at www.google.com/.../catalog

Sorry this didn't help.