Escalated Service for a broken console is a sham!!!!

Just Before Christmas my XBox One had a disc error where it would not read any discs. After over two and a half hours they took my credit card info and sent me an exchange.  I received the exchange just after Christmas.

On Monday the new system that was sent to me started having the same problem.  I called support again.

This time my case was "Escalated" to priority "tier-three" support. BUT...

I was not allowed to talk to anyone and was told that someone would get back to me by email in up to 3 days.

I called back today (day three) and was told that my someone would get back to me in 6 to 10 days.  

Again I was not allowed to talk to anyone about fixing the console.

So, here are my questions:

1. IDoes anyone know of anyone I can actually talk to about this issue that can help me Via phone and not have to wait A WEEK for a reply email?

2. Why is it called "Escalated" and "Priority" when I am actually being treated with worse service than the first time the console died?

3. Is this common practice with Microsoft support to treat product users with repeating issues with a "you will just have to wait" attitude?

I called Gamestop where I purchased the console and can no longer return the unit for a full refund.  I made a big mistake with this product.  I assumed that I would be somewhat of a paying beta tester for this new product but I didn't expect to be treated so uncaringly and with no concern by support.  

At this point I honestly would like to send my console back to Microsoft and get a refund for the console.

Extremely Disappointed,

Hagame

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You should read some of the power supply issue threads. Unfortunately you're not alone, and no one seems to ever hear from this advocacy team. After over a month of assurances and no power supply, was told I was being escalated to tier 3. That was last Thursday. So far all I got was a regular agent calling on the 3rd day to say it'd be longer. That was Monday, it's now Friday, and still nothing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

#3 is correct! you will just have to wait, because you are a nobody to MS Xbox!

And no there is no way to contact anyone higher than the MS support team, Why? because the MS Support team can't even contact anyone higher up, those higher up people are known as the Advocacy Team and Support can only escalate a request.

It is MS Xbox way of keeping the consumer out of the loop! The only thing we can do is let others know what a sham this support circus is and if enough people complain it will force MS to change or die!

I'm now dealing with the Warranty Center losing my part, so we will see what happens. I've been down over a month now!

Sorry this didn't help.

Day 6.  Called again.  Still could not get anyone to help me.  

Today they told me that they were "working" on my ticket.  I'm not sure how they can be doing that as nobody has contacted me and the broken console is still in my possession.

IS THERE ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT ON THESE FORUMS THAT HAS THE GUTS TO GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER TO WHY SUPPORT IS UNWILLING TO HELP IT'S CUSTOMERS?

Sorry this didn't help.

"IS THERE ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT ON THESE FORUMS THAT HAS THE GUTS TO GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER TO WHY SUPPORT IS UNWILLING TO HELP IT'S CUSTOMERS?"

Short answer....NOPE!!!...I'm thinking about joining the "other team" in the next couple of weeks if MS doesn't turn it around quickly here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately calling only gets you their frontline agents, who aren't given any authority to actually help. It's the only reason I haven't started tearing them a new one on the phone, since it's not their fault. I've already ordered my own power supply which was confirmed as shipped. Funny thing, the agent who has been doing his best to get the advocacy team to pull it's head out of it's *** and help me called today. He saw the order I placed and called to see what happened. When he heard what I did he claimed he couldn't believe no one at has gotten back to me and attempted to follow up with this tier 3 team hoping someone above him would do their job too.

Thanks for nothing M$, since I solved the problem myself at my own expense.

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally after 8 days I went to the online chat and apparently, that rep has the ability to send out a new system.  I got my replacement system today although there was a FedEx problem (but that's a different story.)

Go to the online chat - they can help.  It looks like Microsoft just doesn't want anyone to talk to an actual human.

Sorry this didn't help.