Error When Recovering My Gamertag!

Error Code - 800704DC

I have contacted Xbox Phone Support, and I have been upgraded to a Tier 3 priority.  I was told that I will be contacted in the next 3-4 days, via email, by a support tech. I recently downloaded the Windows 8 Release Preview, and because the login password is the same as your Windows Live ID (i.e. Xbox Live Password), I wanted something more secure.  I also had trouble downloading the latest update, it took me several tries over the course of three days.  After the update was complete, I couldn't login (I had already changed my password) so I deleted the profile of my HDD, then I tried to download my gamertag back onto my Xbox but ran into this problem.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I have already tried:

- Clearing my cache

- Downloading my gamertag to a USB Flash Drive (Instead of my HDD)

- Downloading my gamertag on a another Xbox (My cousin)

Thanks,

DarkInceptions

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

To those of you reading, I have fixed the problem!!!  What I did to fix the problem is, I switched from wireless to wired, then I downloaded my profile to a flash drive (I did not try the HDD first, I just went straight to the USB), then I transferred it back to the HDD!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried to download again and got yet another error code: 8007274D

Sorry this didn't help.

Activating XBL made the progress bar go longer and it appeared to have worked, but again it failed.  However, it gave me a new error code to look up 80072746.  I am going to look it up as well as, but if you find the answer before I can repost please put it here for future onlookers!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the fast responses, and yes WeSt3945, I did try changing the password back to what it was.  I forgot to mention that my XBL had run out, and I just received the email form Xbox and it was a code for a 1 Month Pre-Paid Xbox Live Card.  I am going to see if it works right now.  I will be back with a response on if it works within the hour.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not too good with this, but I did hunt down a good forums post similar to this one, with the same error code and everything! Not to mention the fact that an official XBL Support guy was on it. forums.xbox.com/.../1161060.aspx is the link. Just read the Official Support posts and you should find your answer there. Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried to use the password that you had before on the account? Also you said that you couldn't log in, so you were you able to download your account? Because right before it is done downloading your profile it signs you in.

Sorry this didn't help.