ERROR MSG 80151011

Hi, Just bought a £14.99 3 month xbox live . I redeemed it on my xbox but cant log in to live. I downloaded my profile on another xbox in my house and it works so the redemption code is fine. ps no one can log on to live through my xbox by downloading their profile, it gets a little way through the bar then says sorry, try again later. 08151011. please help. kind regards martin

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey Martin. Here is what needs to be done:

1.) First go to https://account.live.com/proofs/manage if you have not set up any security proofs for your account. Once there, add new proofs by clicking "add new" under the phone number and alternate email. You will then receive messages to those areas where you will have to validate the proofs. Once proofs are set up and validated, you should be good to go. If you already have proofs, disregard this part and focus on the next step.

2.) Go to the Xbox dashboard and scroll to the rightmost tab, settings. Then navigate through the following: account settings > system storage > select your memory unit > profile tab. Once at the profile tab, select your profile and delete it by choosing the "delete profile only" option. Once this is done, back out to where you selected your memory unit and highlight the memory unit by keeping the cursor on it. You should have an option to press "Y" on your controller to bring up device management screen. Do this and then select "clear cache" and press it. Do this three times.

3.) Power off the console then power it back on.

4.) Press the middle guide button on the controller and select "download profile". Enter your email/password to re-download your profile. It should now download fine without any error message.

Let us know if this worked, and if not, we can go from here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad to see it helped swanlake, happy gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.

It worked for me!  for now anyways until it asks me for proof again randomly and doesn't accept my account information and password..

Sorry this didn't help.

Good to hear robab :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Judge is the man THANKS ALOT!!

Sorry this didn't help.