Error E79 on 4GB Slim Xbox 360 error & arbitrary reduced warranty

Recently got this error on my Xbox 360 4GB slim shortly after the 1 year warranty expired on the console. (Just over 2 weeks of expiring)
Turned it on for the first time in a couple of days and got hit with the 4 red lights, after doing some reading on it it's usually an HDD error (which I don't have) or a NAND corruption or bridge failure which is more likely.

Seeing as this occurred shortly after the 1 year warranty period Micro$oft probably won't repair it evidently as their online repair center is seeking $80+ for repair costs DESPITE cutting the 12 month warranty down to 11 months without notification or just cause. Online website says console warranty expired on February 15th 2013 however my store receipt and credit card statement both list date of purchase as March 15th 2013.

Anywho, thank you for your OUT OF THIS WORLD level of customer service and ARBITRARY cutting of a standard warranty without cause or notice.

Summerization
Bought March 15, 2012 from local Future Shop
12 month warranty that ends on March 15, 2013...?
April 1st 2013, Xbox 360 gets E79 error --> Check repair site/warranty
Warranty expired on February 15th 2013...Look at receipt and credit card statement....Both says it was purchased on March 15th 2012.
      Thanks for arbitrarily cutting a month off warranty without notice or just cause & being steller in offering a reduced warranty (from 3 years) on a lower quality product

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 35 Applies to:

Sorry to hear that. Even if the warranty expired on March 15th 2013 you didn't have the problem until April 1st. Sorry to hear that though.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That reasoning does not excuse let alone explain arbitrarily reducing a warranty/contract that stated I am entitled to 12 months of coverage from the purchase date.

The console breaking down shortly after the supposed 12 month warranty attests to the quality of Micro$oft's products. Reinforcing this is the reduction of their standard warranty from 36 months to 12 months to 11 months.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure, but the 36 months was for their older models that weren't as reliable. The newer S (slim) models are way more reliable so they shortened the warranty. Your system unfortunately happened to fail, but it can happen with any electronic device.

-

Again, sorry that it happened as it stinks, I'm sure.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Sorry this didn't help.

i would try bring it back to the store to try and exchange it. the manufacture date on the back form the time it sits on the shelf the warranty can expire.also it sounds like you bought a use console and the person who bought it brought it back and registered the warranty and then returned it .I would call Microsoft at 1-800-4myxbox to try and get a quote to see if what they tell you is the same as what the website told you.

Sorry this didn't help.