Error downloading update

I didn`t use my old 360 Elite for a month until last week, switched it on and it tried to download an update.  When it started, got the usual progress update, but nothing happened and then it got an error.  Tried a bunch of stuff but couldn`t get it working.  1 day later the thing got an RROD.  So I thought I`d replace it and it should also work with the downloads.  So I got a 360 slim today, fired it up and am getting the same problem.  Network tests out fine, till the point where it checks Live, then says I need an update and goes into the same problem, giving me a 3080-0000-0080-0300-8007-274C error.

Have no clue what it would be as I`ve checked all the firewall rules which look ok, nothing has really changed since I used it last and downloaded an update (about 2 months ago).

Anyone got any ideas of what else I can check?  I`m connecting with the in built wireless on the 360 to a DLINK DSL-2740B.  Again, this used to work fine a couple of months ago.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It sucks don't it? I just got my new xbox and it refuses to get online. I'm having the same problem you have dude.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as the update goes, you could try manually updating (support.xbox.com/.../system-updates.aspx) to see if that helps clear it up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.