error downloading my profile

Last night i was joining a party when bam my accounct signed out n my xbox froze. i restarted it and instead of automatically signing in i was taken to the profile selection menu. my account was no longer there. i tried downloading my profile, i enterd the correct profile info and it started to download. all of a sudden it stopped n a window popped up reading Xbox live profiles cannot be downloaded at this time error code. it keeps doing this. HELP ME!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

[quote user="masterTim117"]

Last night i was joining a party when bam my accounct signed out n my xbox froze. i restarted it and instead of automatically signing in i was taken to the profile selection menu. my account was no longer there. i tried downloading my profile, i enterd the correct profile info and it started to download. all of a sudden it stopped n a window popped up reading Xbox live profiles cannot be downloaded at this time error code. it keeps doing this. HELP ME!!!!

[/quote]

I have some links for you to look at to see if they can help you.

One suggestion I've seen is to check if your profile is on your hard drive and if it's corrupted. If that's the problem you would follow these steps to re-download your profile: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/profile-move-delete

The other suggestion is to download your profile onto a usb drive. You can follow the instructions here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive   

If that doesn't work you should call Xbox support for your country. If you're in the United States then it's 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In addition to HammerfellChick's advice in the post above mine, can you check if your profile got corrupted? You can verify this by going to:

• The Settings page on the Dashboard -->
  • System -->
  • Storage -->
  • Hard Drive -->
  • Gamer Profiles
Find the gamer profile you want to recover. If it has an exclamation mark next to the name, it may be corrupted. Try deleting the profile (delete profile ONLY to keep all of the saves and items) and then re-downloading it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

A) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

B) Select Storage (or Memory).

C) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

D) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Then

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the WLID.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Select the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and play!

Sorry this didn't help.