Error downloading a profile. Error code 80151011. Xbox support hung up on me.

I've been fighting with this error for a few days.When I try to download a profile to my Xbox I get a message saying that profiles can not be downloaded at this time. Error code 80151011

Tried everything I could find online. I deleted everything off my memory, redownloaded the system updates, cleared caches, etc. Nothing is working. Finally, I broke down and called the phone support. I sat on the phone for a long time going through everything in regards to my account and the system. No answers. Finally, they transferred me to billing support. I waited 30 minutes for someone to answer. Finally a guy answered and we went through the accounts again and tried everything and nothing worked. He was out of ideas. Placed me on hold and then finally hung up on me. A waste of an hour and half. My entire evening wasted again.

I'm really disappointed with this. I just want to play Minecraft with my son and cannot get an Xbox live account on to the Xbox. I've wasted so many hours on this. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks - Shawn

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Shawn,

I am in the same boat too, as many other users are. My little brother just tried to fix it by just hitting "Download profile" that's all he did, and it somehow, hid his profile or deleted. So neither one of us can download our profiles. I went through the same stuff you did, trying to get this fixed. Though, I never tried contacting them on the phone, I did try a few things that were suggested here on the forum and nothing has worked. Microsoft, or rather Xbox has done some kind of Account Proof update that everything messed up. Fine time to have all this trouble right here at Christmas, right? :/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I guess it's not just me. I'm really irritated that they didn't call me back. I'd been on the line with multiple support agents and before they talk to you, they ask for all of your information including phone number. It's obvious he knew what my # was and could have called back. I'm pretty sure he was just stumped and was tired of investigating.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried downloading your profile to a flashdrive by chance? That would let us know if it's an issue with your harddrive

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem over here. I mean we pay money to play online and they're hanging up on people when there's a clear problem? Pretty messed up if you ask me. Probably because of this whole security proofing thing...here's a tip Microsoft: if it isn't broken don't fix it

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for sharing ( ^_^ )[View:http://imgshine.com/imagess/images/ipetip.gif]

Sorry this didn't help.

I finally figured it out and wanted to update this. I called back in, wasted another couple hours on this, and finally got lucky. Apparently the issue has to do with the Kinect being connected. I disconnected the Kinect, and only had one memory card plugged in. Went through, cleared the cache 3 times and then it was able to download. Finally working now. Very frustrating, but at least I got it working. Never had to work so hard to play a video game before. Ridiculous.

Sorry this didn't help.

I keep getting this error code appear too. For about a week every time I log onto my box it has been asking for my email address, my password and then asking if I want it to remember my password. After all this it was telling me of xbox code 80048821 which basically meant either my password was wrong or my account did not have live. I knew my password was correct and I did have live because firstly I signed into the xbox website on my phone and secondly it was signing me into live in the background of my Xbox when asking for my email and password. I got through this by just clicking through it all multiple times then pressing the Xbox button and I stayed logged in. Now it's just telling me every time to try again later error code: 80151011 . I completely understand the idea of Xbox proofs, they just don't seem necessary considering they cause this much trouble .. Xbox live costs so much money and now I'm just wasting away days unable to play it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there YasmiinRawwr! We'd be happy to help you out with this issue if you could create your own thread detailing the issue in our forum 03 - Managing my account. Thanks in advance! We'll be standing by for that post. :)

Sorry this didn't help.