Error disc not reading

Every time I stop using a game and change it out for an other it says error can't read disc then I have to unplug and reboot the system was wondering if anyone verse was having this problem an if there is anything I can do about it thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I'm having the same issue, it started when I tried playing Titanfall. I had no issues before, took out Forza, put in Titan Fall and it would read the disk, said it may be dirty, tried Forza again, now that one doesn't read. I tried all my games, none worked. Tried a Blu Ray, then that worked, tried a game again, no dice. Unplugged it to take it back to the store, then I plugged it back up to show my wife, then it worked again, but now I can only play games if I power down the system...Really annoying!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Disc drive issues can be EXTREMELY irritating. If you your console isn't reading xbox one games after you've tried doing the reset multiple times, its time to look into getting the console repaired or exchanged. If your still within the return policy with the retail store you purchase the console from, I recommend you go to them first. If not you can go to myservice.xbox.com to register your console and setup a same unit repair, or call 18004699269 to speak with a hardware agent to setup an advanced exchange (Microsoft has a "Keep playing" offer with the exchange to where you'll get a free game if you do the advanced exchange, but the exchange requires a $15 charge to start and a $500 hold on the credit or debit card. The offer ends on 3/31/14). Also, most steps to resolve this type of issue is on xbox.com/support. If those steps do not work the disc drive is faulty.

Sorry this didn't help.

It looks like a bug in the firmware, mainly to do with the instant-on feature. A cold restart (pull power cord) fixes the problem for the time being. The easy fix is to disable the instant-on feature. Since doing this I don't have the disc read failures.

Sorry this didn't help.