Error connecting to Xbox service when attempting to purchase Xbox Gold.

I get this error message when trying to edit my payment information or purchase gold:

Sorry, we can't connect you to the Xbox service. It may be a temporary problem with the Xbox service or a problem with your connection to the service. Get specific help at www.xbox.com/networkhelp.

Please help? I have perfect connection to my friends list and messages, but cannot access my payment info or attempt to purchase gold.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 192 Applies to:

[quote user="Jakalanern"]I get this error message when trying to edit my payment information or purchase gold:[/quote]

At the time of posting this, there is a status alert on the Xbox Live Status page.

I quote:

[quote user="Xbox Status page"]Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

• Using prepaid cards or codes for downloadable items or Xbox Live subscriptions
  • Creating new Xbox Live accounts, managing those accounts, or recovering an account on a different console
  • Managing or purchasing subscriptions[/quote]

So currently, there is nothing you did wrong, or nothing you can do about it until Microsoft gets that fixed.

Simply keep an eye on the status page, and see if the issue is resolved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.