Error code xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0185

When ever i try to update my console via xbl wirless or wired, disc, usb i get this error code xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0185 i tried all of the 9 soultion steps to fix my problem and i still cant update to the latest dashboard which is frusturating because i cant play my new xbox games on my older dashboard and my other xbox updates fine please help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

Greetings seanizle!

Appreicate if you can detailing out the "9 solution steps" you have tried. What happens when you try update using your USB memory device?

Can you post up the make and model of your modem and router.

Ensure that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled on your router.

Disconnect all devices from your router and power off your modem and router for a couple of minutes. Turn on the modem and wait one minute for it to connect properly. Turn on the router and wait another minute. Now connect only the Xbox that are having trouble downloading the latest system update to your router using a wired connection with your console. Turn on your console and restore network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Still stuck? Delete your current system update version installed on your console to see if it allow you to start dowload the latest system update properly. These steps let you delete the dashboard version installed on your console.

Go to System Settings and choose storage.

On your controller, press the following button sequence:

Press the left bumper.
    Press the right bumper.
    Press the X button.
    Press the left bumper.
    Press the right bumper.
    Press the X button.

Restart your console and try update.

Post back and let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ive done all that except for only connecting the one xbox that is having problems i have 2 other xboxs that updated to the latest dash no problem (and when i update with usbor disk or live i get all the same error)

Sorry this didn't help.

If your other two Xbox consoles have done it with no problems, then it is fair to say that you have a problem with the console. My thoughts would be a) Onboard ethernet card is conking out on you or b) the HDD of the console is having problems with retaining data due a bad memory cluster or two.

If it's problem a) the repair cost is marginally pricey. However, if it is b) then I would suggest you back up the contents of the HDD to a removable storage device and Format the drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings!! this happened to my xbox 360. I did the following: when I enter the xbox live he asked the up put my Gametag then took to enter the game without the upgraded profile and in the end gave error!! what did I do? I went with my profile without the use of the internet and the internet with cable hooked me on xbox live and asked the up the up i did and it worked!!! but if the problem persists try to connect by phone to xbox support your region

Sorry this didn't help.