Error code when doing update to connect to xbox live

My friend got a new shape 360 and tried to get on xbox live. It tells him to do the latest update...when he does it gets right to the last part and then an error code comes up (which I will add later) but it changes everytime. He reset the router and it finally went through. It started downloading the new update but then did the exact same thing. He has 2 brothers who are using the same router with 2 different xbox 360's (old shape) so why is it saying he cant connect?

Dont tell me port forwarding please because its working with the other 2 xbox's which are both being ran wireless aswell.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You may need to update via flash drive the instructions are here support.xbox.com/.../software-update-errors.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. I tried updating via flash drive but that doesn't work either. Tried it whilst offline but that still did not work.

This swift (sarcasm) service to my problem is sure making my switch back to PC look better and better all the time.

Sorry this didn't help.

I GOT RECENTLY A CUPON of xbox live and havent been able to connect that sucks, xbox live servers are sucking,  it gives u error codes that even the support page for xbox live does not seems know. i cant logg in with my xbox live account, and cant download my profile  even that im putting the right pass and email, 3 weaks without live and i recently payed. only could play like 2 weaks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there folks! This thread is a little old (2011) so if you're having similar issues, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue. Thanks! ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.