Error Code when accessing Account on Xbox.com and cancelled Family Plan having been paid yet not allowing connection.

date: 3/18/2013 9:09:01 AM
code: 12CFA2E8C6871F8
s: 3yG5Dj0XoroAhZLaW0Z5OQ==
id: f0fa50c5-7c5c-4803-9c07-9dbc9eed2f42
req:

8970b40d-0857-47ec-b012-f144a436073f

When attempting to access the Account Management page on the Xbox website, I receive the error message above.

Also, due to the recent cancellation of the Xbox Gold Family Plan, I and my linked family accounts, are no longer able to connect to Xbox Live. It gives an error message about renewing payment options, which should not appear as the subscription renewed in February, before the cancellation. If my understanding is correct, my linked accounts should have a year in Gold before being removed and back to Silver.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hi there,

this could also be caused by a payment issue, can you check if all information is still correct at http://billing.microsoft.com.

If all is correct there, I advise on contacting Xbox Support via support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was just about to order some controller and games... then remembered my family plan needed renewal. Much to my surprise... it's not longer available. I feel like such an idiot defending MS products all these years. Always been an early adopter, push Win8, use Bing, swear by Office.. but that will change. THIS IS A DEAL BREAKER! I refuse to pay $60 a year for each of my three minor children and myself to play a game on top of the console and game prices. And I was soooo  looking forward to XBOX 720! All I can say is... thank GOD I didn't switch to Window Phone yet!!! Sad.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there stevenC95!  Man, those are some serious shenanigans!  It sounds like the accounts are in billing suspension at the moment, which is generally pretty easy to resolve though phone support.  You can request a call using support.xbox.com/contact-us Please let us know how it goes!

Sorry this didn't help.

On looking at the Commerce website, I have found that the payment of 99 USD for the Gold Family did not, in fact, go through as it was charged to a defunct Credit Card. Changing that Card cannot happen due to Xbox not able to verify. All I wish is for the subscription to be cancelled and all members of the Family Plan removed from the account-blocking situation they are in. All accounts have transaction histories made before the Family Plan was subcribed to, that they do not have access to. Materials that they paid for.

The credit card that is listed as default has been attempted to be removed multiple times in the past, we believed that the credit card replaced with that most recent transactions are one was listed as default as set. Unfortunately, it seems that it was not and Microsoft charged the wrong account for the pricing of the Family Plan. A month passed, with the account seemingly paid for until suddenly two days ago all access to our accounts was lost. I do not understand how this slipup could have come to pass. If the subscription was not paid for, why did it allow us Gold activity for a full month afterward? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Also. I cannot remove members from the Family Plan. It alerts me that the information cannot be retrieved from Xbox Live. I attempt to change payment options on Commerce.Microsoft.Com, and it tells me that servers are down due to technical problems.

None of the linked accounts are able to connect to the internet on their respective Xbox. This is a ridiculous handling of a situation, especially after the subscription was already paid for.

Sorry this didn't help.