Error Code (Security Proofs)

I cannot connect to XBL and all solutions I have been suggested have failed to work. I have cleared system cache, I have redownloaded the update, I have changed my password several times and I still cannot connect. It worked find before the update and if this is a sign of things to come I am definately purchasing a PS4 after this sham and the catalogue of problems I have experienced; after six years of being loyal to Xbox you have definately lost my trust.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Glad to have you back up and running. Happy gaming and play safe! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@SOLDIER JH Glad to hear that it worked. Happy gaming and play safe! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Taidara, sorry about the staggered replies I am using my mobile to post replies. In awnser to the first step I am unsure whether I have two step verification enabled, is there a way to check this? Also I am slightly weary about deleting my profile because I have changed the password three times and even though the password is 100% correct the Xbox seems not to register the password changes so I'm worried about losing my account all together! I have deleted the cache around 7 times already and it seems to have no effect I did also try eedownloading the XBL update but that didnt work - Thanks for the reply Taidara, hopefully you can help put my mind at ease when deleting and then redownloading my Xbox Live profile, thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Error Code is 80151011.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="goKrush"] I am unsure whether I have two step verification enabled, is there a way to check this?[/quote]Yes there is! Sign in to https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage Under two-step verification, if this feature is not enabled, you will have/see the option to set up two-step verification

[quote user="goKrush"]Also I am slightly weary about deleting my profile because I have changed the password three times and even though the password is 100% correct the Xbox seems not to register the password changes so I'm worried about losing my account all together![/quote]Firstly, whenever you wan't to delete your gamer profile, select: Delete Profile Only. As stated above, this option will only let you delete the profile, but leaves your saved games and achievements. 

If you feel uncomfortable, you can move your profile to a USB flash memory configure to use with the Xbox 360. After you have moved your profile to USB drive, make sure it has been completely removed from your Xbox storage device, then go ahead with the instruction steps from my previous post and in given order.

Post back and let us know how that goes and we'll take it from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings goKrush!
Follow the instruction steps up front and in given order and let us know how that goes and we'll work from there. 

*If you have the two-step verification turned on/enabled for your Microsoft account, then you need to Create a new app password under App passwords. You will then use this new generated app password to sign in or download your profile instead of your Microsoft account password. Here's how! 

*This is used for when you have the two-step verification turned on/enabled.

Can you verify that you have updated the security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account. This information is essential to ensure that your account is well protected and meets the security standars that Microsoft now provides.

With your security proofs being updated, let's focus on the next steps: Delete Profile Only from the Xbox storage device, clear system cache (three times in a row) and finally, recover your profile from LIVE.

How to delete Xbox LIVE profile safely
Before you delete your profile you have to know the username and password for your Microsoft account that is associated with your profile.

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select All Devices.
  4. Select Gamer Profiles.
  5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
  6. Select Delete.
  7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Clear Xbox system cache (3 times in a row)

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. Important: Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Restart your console.

Download Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile.
  3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account password.

Post back and let us know if you were helped by this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Again sorry about the staggered replies I am multi-tasking quite a lot at the moment, I clicked on the link you posted to check the two-step verification and this is what it said:

"You recently updated your security info

We have a waiting period for the updates to take effect. On 9/22/2013, we'll delete your old security info:

*my *** Email address is removed for privacy ****

Once this is deleted, you'll be able to verify your account with info you have access to. If you didn't make the updates, or if you still have access to the above info, cancel the updates."

Unfortunately I don't have a USB, when I'm back at home I will follow the steps you have posted and I'll post back on the results. Also just a quick question, the amount of problems this security proofs has caused surely has been a real pain for gamers like myself I was just wondering (I assume your not affiliated with Microsoft because I cannot see anything which suggests this but you are nevertheless a great help! A better help than the Microsoft support staff!) I was wondering what you think Microsoft will do with proofs, do you reckon the programme will continue or not given the current state the XBL is in?

Sorry this didn't help.

This worked, thanks Taidara for all the help!

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having the same problem and this worked for me!! You're a life saver taidara! Thank you :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you trying to change the security information for your account (e.g. an already existing phone number or alternative email address) from an unstrusted computer?

[quote user="goKrush"]I assume your not affiliated with Microsoft because I cannot see anything which suggests this[/quote]That is correct! I'm an xboxer just like you. :)

[quote user="goKrush"]but you are nevertheless a great help! A better help than the Microsoft support staff!) I was wondering what you think Microsoft will do with proofs, do you reckon the programme will continue or not given the current state the XBL is in?[/quote]Thank you for your kind words! :)

Two-step verification or Two Factor Authentication has its focus on delivering a stronger protection then single-step verification (password). It will keep your account as secured as possible from potential threats like social engineering or identity theft.

Sorry this didn't help.