Error Code: 831188FB

XBL won't connect due to this error message. Other threads with a related issue said to update security proofs, delete the profile, clear the cache, download the profile, and sign in. None of this is helpful; the error code is still here.

What exactly do you want from me, Microsoft?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello,

This error shouldn't have anything to do with changing your password, or deleting and downloading your profile. It has to do with as you said, a blocked account. This isn't a Xbox Support issue, it's an issue with your Microsoft Account.

To solve this issue, simply fill out the Microsoft Account Recovery form with a new e-mail address and if it's successful you'll be able to successfully use your profile with a new e-mail address and error code free.

Please click this link here, once your at that page you want to click "I think someone else is using my Microsoft account" and click Reset Password. Enter in the e-mail for the account, and then click "I can't use any of these options", follow through with the prompts on the rest of the pages and you'll be asked to fill in a form with as much information as possible (you should know all of the information since you can still log into the account just fine).

You could also try to reach out to the Microsoft Account team via their forums here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."

Been doing that all day. The 'try again later' part hardly seems like the best solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so I followed those instructions, finally got the account reset, and I'm still getting the same error code as before. Any other ideas before I start raising hell over the phone?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Lively! Sorry that last suggestion didn't help you out. Just to be sure this is to do with your profile, can you let us know if other profiles are able to properly sign in on your console? Additionally, if you can, try signing in with your profile on other consoles, or even other networks. This will help us determine where the real issue lies.

Additionally, can you visit https://commerce.microsoft.com and ensure that all your account information there is current and correct (name, address, region, etc.). Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm just one guy. I live alone. I can't really go around testing my GT everywhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, and no, my address and phone number was wrong on that site.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hm. Looks like fixing that information resolved the issue. Maybe updating my security proofs and not having that information match up caused the error? Thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.