Error code 831188FB

This all started 2 weeks ago for no reason, turned my Xbox off then turned it back on and this started.

I have contacted Microsoft.com support and they have not assisted me with this matter, and I can not connect to Xbox Live until this is fixed. I am losing Xbox Live time while this is happening. 

I have tried almost everything to fix this error, on Xbox it says - "Sorry, Something's wrong with your Microsoft Account. Go to https://account.live.comfor help.

Code: 831188FB

And on the computer it says. "Your account has been temporarily blocked

Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages or done something else that violates the Microsoft services agreement.

What do you need to do?

We'll send a verification code to your mobile phone.  All you need is a phone that can receive text messages.  After you enter the code, you can sign in.

Skip this for now (some Microsoft sites and services might be disabled)"

I have also added every security proof to my account and I still get the error.

I have deleted my account and recovered it.

I have tried downloading my account on another Xbox with same results.

I have tried using my account off a USB and still get the same error.

There is no spam being sent from this email, in fact I don't think a single email has been sent with this account cause I only use it for Xbox Live.

I have done all of the above and nothing works.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

hi KingJames, this is a microsoft account issue so the Microsoft Support team are best placed to assist you. have you visited the Microsoft Support forums @ answers.microsoft.com/.../windowslive ? i typed in that error code in the sites search bar and quite a few people have come across the same thing so there is help there. If you dont feel you got any help from Msft Support the last time then I would state that in your forum post or communication, this isnt an unknown problem so the fix should be easily achieved by going through the right channels.

Im curious though - did you proceed with the mobile verification or skip that ste?  its not clear in the above but if you skipped that I would advise you to give it a go.

Good luck with this, I hope it gets sorted for you soon

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How did you guys fix it i keep getting same code and it is pissing me off

Sorry this didn't help.

I have submitted 2 support tickets to the Microsoft support team and no reply 3 days later I have tried the phone verification, I type in my number and hit the send text and call buttons with the same result "You have exceeded the number of times you may request a verification code. Please try again later." I have only tried those two times with that number, so I tried another number and I hit send and it give me a different error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm, interesting and not particularly fun looking! What's the error you get when you try a different number?  Is the number you are requesting the code be sent to the same as the one listed on your security proofs?  Also, let's see if there's any drop down menu there, sometimes you can have the code sent to an email.

Sorry this didn't help.