error code 8015D003

I have a family xbox live account and my son is a part of that account.  recently, he began to receive the 8015D003 error and cant log in.  when we try xbox.live or other areas to log in, we get an account doesn't exist.  we know it does, he has used if for years and his account still shows up under my xbox live.

When we enter his email, we are told it doesn't exist, therefore we can never got to the page to change his password because Microsoft doesn't even recognize his email anymore.  we did change email providers almost two months ago and his old email address is no longer active... he/we have new email addresses through a new provider... maybe since the old account is no longer active, it has caused problems with xbox...

we have a lot invested in his xbox account and would hate to loose if we had to create a new account for him.

we have tried clearing all the cache info, deleting and reading the account (it will delete and I finally got it to re-add through some weird steps, but still wants log-in email and pass... thus getting the same 8015D003 error.

I have been waiting quite a while for a response from techsupport, submitted under my account but no response and no outlet to connect to for a status update.

not good with all that is invested in this xbox and his account.  not good with a new product scheduled to come out... playstation is looking better all the time, especially if we have to create a new xbox account and loose our accumulated "assets".

any help appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 877 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Miller,

Hmmm....if that account has been deleted and you're not able to use the recovery tool for it, then your best bet would be to contact Phone Support about changing the e-mail associated with the account. Again, make sure you have as much information about the account as you can. 

Please keep us posted on how things go. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sounds good Miller. Let us know how that goes.

@Danyscirocco78 - To avoid commandeering this thread, please go ahead and create your own. We will be there to assist.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there MillerTime,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your son's account.

If you haven't called since we spoke yesterday and haven't heard back, I would definitely call Phone Support again and ask for an escalation to the Advocacy Team to speak with someone about your issue.

Also, what is the name of your son's GT that you're having issues accessing?

Please keep us posted on how everything goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the post / suggestion.

We tried the account recovery tool but still got the account does not exist error.

Strangely, we could access xbox live from his account on the Xbox briefly tonight.  However, in trying to log in to the Microsoft / Xbox portals while Xbox live on the console was working, we continued to receive account does not exist errors.  

Xbox live access on the console went back to gaining the account error... This could have been triggered when we downloaded his profile again in an effort gain access to the settings is his account...

Please help if you can...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello I just wanted to let you know in case you never got an answer that if you use the Microsoft Authenticator App to authorize access to your account you should be able to recover the account.

Sorry this didn't help.

First call we were escalated to the advocacy team team....  Trying again this pm.  Spincity14 is the gamer tag.

Sorry this didn't help.

He has been playing very regularly for several years and a lot this summer.  all of a sudden two weeks ago or so, he can no longer log in.  frequency of play isn't an issue.  we have tried account.live.com and the site reports that the email/account does not exist.  and we have had a call in to Microsoft for a bout a week with no response.  since his account "doesn't exist" they have no way to respond to us about the issue and I have no way to log in and check the status.  the tech rep said that "hopefully someone would be able to get to the request and fix the account links"" and maybe things would start working...  I am beginning to feel more and more that the boy is screwed.  Microsoft is just too big to take the time to resolve this issue. (based on my experience and what I have read from others).

Sorry this didn't help.

Spent a long time on the phone with them last Sunday...  Support was nice... Had to try and escalate the issue.  Since my sons account couldn't be accesses, they couldn't give us any sort of service tag or notify us about the status... Since we can't access his account, we can't log in a check a status...  Very frustrating.  Needless to say we haven't heard back... But we did receive a survey asking us about our call!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Miller,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your account.

From the sounds of it, you might want to try using our Account Recovery Tool.
Be sure to include as much information that you used to create the account as you can.

Please keep us posted on how that goes for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have the same problem as Miller same error code but I have this problem only for two days, but how is it possible that the account exists on the PC, I can not seem to recover more on Xbox and play with friends but that story is this? (I sent a chat, still nothing) I'm tired, very very angry about this situation and I'm thinking of switching to Sony because Microsoft is me breaking my balls with this behavior, please do not want to solve it other than bad publicity .... buy the new Xbox, I'm going to like it.

Sorry this didn't help.