error code 8015D002 - will not accept password

Hi.  After many years as a strictly PC gamer, I finally bought an XBox 360 2 months ago. 

I have three profles on my console.  One is used for Forza Horizon with no XBox Live account,  two used for Test Drive Unlimited 2, each with a separate XBox Live Silver account.  (Gold Card has been ordered online and is in the mail, haven't decided which Live account to upgrade yet).

My trilegdog2 Live Silver profile for TDU2 logs in and plays correctly without asking for email/password info.

My cheapshades2 Live Silver profile for TDU2 is a few days old.  I added XBox Live Silver 2 days ago while on the console and played for many hours with no problems.  Evidently I activated the email and password requirement to sign in when I created the account because yesterday morning it asked for my email and password.  Entered it and received error code 8015D002.  On my PC, I signed in to my cheapshades2 XBox Live account and changed the password.  Still receive the error 8015D002  when trying to sign in to XBox Live on the console.

Researched at XBox.com and followed instructions for error code 8015D002 and cleared the cache on the console.  I still receive the error code 8015D002.

Help! Is there a solution other than what I've found?  Or should I just delete the cheapshades2 profile and start a new profile with XBox Live connect and a new email/password. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

The same exact thing is happening to me, and its very frustrating

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I finally logged in!  The solution didn't seem to be very clear or easily found in the forum, but the following worked:

Deleted my cheapsdes2 profile on the console, cleared the system cache, powered console off and on, then downloaded profile back to the console.  I got the same error message the first time, but then powered console off/on again and on the next try, it accepted my email and password.  My profile & game still had all of my achievements and game progress.  

Sorry this didn't help.

That's happen to me too!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there cheapshades2! I'm glad to hear you got it sorted!

Everyone else, if the above steps don't work for you and you haven't already, go ahead and make a new thread. That way we can tailor our support to your specific issue. Thanks! ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.