Error Code 801540F3

I'd appreciate any help you can provide, as I have been working on getting my gamertag linked to the right microsoft account since November 2012 without success. Quick backstory, I purchased a Windows Phone back in November and it auto generated a new gamertag for me when I registered with my gmail address. I didn't realize the Xbox Live gamertag I had was associated with a microsoft account (my old college email address), so I had to wait 30 days to switch the gamertags. Long story short, on February 9th I finally managed to set it up so that I could move my original gamertag to my "real" microsoft account. After waiting the requisite 30 days, I tried on March 11th to get it to work and I received error code 801540F3 and am unable to switch the accounts. I've spent countless hours with microsoft support, and had the issue escalated to the "customer advocacy group", but it is still unresolved and I havent heard from that group. Is there any chance someone here can help me?

Thanks so much for the help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there!  Hmm, we'd be happy to take a look!  How have things been going with that advocacy team?  Still no word?  Also, is there any other text at all with that error when you see it?  What kind of steps has phone support gone through with you?  I'm guessing they covered all the basics like removing accessories, simplifying network et cetera.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help, it just says there is an error and to try again at a later time. The advocacy team has been somewhat responsive, but there response has pretty much been "wait 30 days and try again, if it doesnt work at that point then we'll try something else." They asked me to create a new gamertag in the mean time to play on, but since I've run out of email addresses to put gamertags on I am going to just switch to my PS3 for the time being.

I've tried just about everything we can think of over the past few months (and really since March 11th when I realized it was something more than just the 30 day waiting period rolling over). The only thing we haven't done is wiped the HD and redownloaded my profile (for obvious reasons). Out of curiosity, is there any way you guys can just do it for me on the backend if I authenticate myself with my original gamertag/microsoft account and the new microsoft account?

Thanks a lot

Sorry this didn't help.

Howdy AR2186. Just looked into your troubles, and see that the advocacy team has sent you an email as of around 6am today. Have you responded to them yet? Let us know how that interaction goes. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I didnt have a chance to respond until the afternoon and haven't heard back yet. Thanks for the help, hopefully they got my email with the information they requested

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright sounds good. Keep us updated if you don't mind! :D

Sorry this didn't help.