Error code 80154023

I keep getting the error code 80154023 whenever I try to change the Live ID associated with my gamertag.

It's been going on for months now (since around March) and i've spoken to xbox support about it before. They claimed to have found a bug in the system which they were going to fix, however months on i'm still having the same problem. From googling around i've seen that other people are having the same issue too. It seems that whenever it gets brought to any of support's attention it just fizzles out shortly after.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I checked on your phone call and it does appear they are in the process of investigating the issue. Does any other aspect of your account or LIVE seem to be having issues, or is it just the changing of the WLID that is not working?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried changing your WLID to different email addresses, or just the same one over and over?

Sorry this didn't help.

If phone support gave you a timeline and it has been significantly past that, I would call them back up and ask for an update. You may have to be a bit pushy and even ask for a supervisor. Make sure they look at your previous call notes to get caught up. Sorry for the hassle here!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried different emails but they all result in the same error.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's just changing my WLID that is having issues.

I rang support about it in June and they said they were getting a technician to look into it, then a few days later I got a call saying they found a bug which would be fixed in early July.

The WLID i'm trying to change to has been associated with my gamertag before, and whilst it was associated I signed up to the XBL Rewards scheme. My account on the rewards scheme website hasnt worked properly since I changed WLID from the one I signed up to it with, so I was thinking this could be relevant.

Sorry this didn't help.