Error Code 80151012, unable to access my account

Hey,

My account worked fine last week,but suddenly I started to get error code 831188FE when trying to access Xbox Live. So I followed the steps to fix this code (completed all account information, cleared cache atleast 5 times etc.) and after a while of trying I started to get error code 80151012.  So I went to system support and did everything they told me, deleted my profile, updated security info, cleared cache (again) etc. When I tried to download my profile back, I got the error code 80151012 and was unable to do so. The download goes to about 10% and then I get the error code.

The support put my case forward to Advocacy Team, who told me that my account was locked, which is weird, since I haven't done anything against the rules (I have only had the Gold account for couple of days) and also I hadn't received any kind of message about why my account would have been locked. They told me go thru the resetting password process (which I did and it didn't help me at all) and told me that they couldn't help me anymore if it didn't work and that I should contact the Microsoft Support.

Soooo, I contacted the Microsoft Support, who told me that my account was fine and should contact Xbox Support, because this was a problem with Xbox Live. And the account still won't work. So can someone here help, or am I stuck in the Microsoft/Xbox support limbo? Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hello zoankkambie,

To resolve this problem, try to reset the password for your Microsoft account:

1. Go to the Reset your password page.

2. Click to select I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.

3. Click Reset your password.

4. Enter your Microsoft account name.

5. Type the characters you see in the picture.

6. Click Next.

7. Click Customer support.

8. When Customer support appears, click it.

9. Enter the Microsoft account that you are trying to recover.

10. Enter your contact email address.

11. Click Continue.

12. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Microsoft account recovery page.

13. Follow the instructions to finish.

Here is the link for 80151012.

You stated that you've already attempted this support method. Let's try something else. Personally experienced this, apparently resetting the network connection and storing to a different device worked out. Before you attempt again, make sure that your profile is off your device. When recovering your profile, try storing to a different device than the one you are currently using like a USB. If this does not work, we'll see if we can do something else.

Panda cx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Yukinko17,

First of all, thank you for trying to help me. I resetted my password once again, resetted the network connection and tried to download the profile to a USB memory stick. Still no luck, I keep getting the same cursed error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there zoankkambie! I'm sorry to hear about the account issues. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start things off, I just want to confirm that you've performed all of these steps in order:

Reading your post it definitely looks like you have, I just want to be 100% sure.

If you've tried all of that and you're still getting the error, are you able to try recovering your profile to a USB drive after removing your hard drive? I see that you've tried recovering to a USB drive but I want to try it with your hard drive removed in case that's messing with the profile download in some way.

Let us know how that goes and we'll be standing by to assist you from there. =)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Cerb,

I tried both things, first I cleared the cache 3 times (I had the Two-Step Verification already up and running) and restarted my console and tried to download the profile, but no Luck. After that I removed the hard drive and tried to re-download my account, but still no luck. The download goes to about 10%, but then it stops and I get the error message.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup i'm getting the same error, was fine working yesterday, goes to sign in today and i'm getting all this shite... rather annoying..

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey ragell,

Please go ahead and create a new thread explaining your issue in full detail. This will make it easier for us to help you =)

Sorry this didn't help.

Is no one able to help me?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey zoankkambie,

Apologies for the delayed response.

It looks like your case is in the hands of one of our Advocacy Teams. That team will definitely be best equipped moving forward to help get things sorted out with your account.

For any questions on the status of your case, you'll really want to reach back out to that team for updates. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so this solution worked for my problem too. So I just logged in to account.live.com with my account on couple of different devices (2 laptops and a phone), and checked the "I use this device often" checkbox when inserting the verification code. After that I cleared my Xbox's cache 3 times and started it again (not sure if this is a necessary thing to do) and tried to download my profile and was successful with it this time. I was also able to connect to Xbox Live with my own profile.

I am not sure why this worked, but I am glad it did. Hopefully this will help others with this error code.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey glad to hear you found a solution Zoan! :D

Sorry this didn't help.