Error Code: 80151011

Last night, I had no issues when logging into Xbox Live, but tonight was one big mess. I received a prompt from Live, the window's title being, "Add Security". Upon attempting to sign into Live, this prompt comes up as mandatory in order to continue:

"Sign in with your email and password?

We need the email address and password for your Microsoft account so we can check and update the security of your Xbox profile. For more info, go to Xbox.com/proofs"

So, I enter all of my information, and the window that asks me if I would like my password to be remembered pops up. I am logged into Live for a whole 2 seconds before I am disconnected, then I receive another window titled "Account Info" (with a big red "X" error icon next to it) with the following message:

"Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later. Code: 80151011"

I visited Xbox's support page, and followed all of their suggestions... None of them has worked. I spoke to an Xbox Ambassador, and they stated that they were also having issues with Live, though different issues. They were unable to log into parties and chats, and came to the conclusion that Live is just having problems, and that I should try again tomorrow.

I validate all of my information on my Microsoft Account, and even add more information. I sign out, sign back in, and try Live again with no results. I check my status on my Live Account page, and it confirms that my status is up and running on all fronts. When I asked my boyfriend if he had also received that prompt, he told me no, and said that he was having no issues when it came to Live. He said, "Oh, that's just security proofs. I ignored that.".. I'm not sure how he did, because I was unable to do anything relating to Live without continuing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really prefer to not have to start a new account, because I still have a whole year of Live left on this account, and I don't want to lose all of my information... Any and all suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Try now; earlier today there was a problem per http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.